Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Cricut Mini OMG

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cricut Mini OMG

I know this isn't the right forum but the Cricut forum is so quiet I'm using this space. I've had an email from Cricut saying they are closing the Craft Room and as from a date in July (its in email but too angry to remember it) As the Cricut Mini will only run on the Craft Room and not independently my machine and all the cartridges I have bought will no longer be useable. Other than info in email and a copy of it on the Cricut website I can find nothing, here's nothing on Facebook surely they can't just do
    that to us, can they? They have offered us a discount on a new machine, no way will I ever buy another Cricut machine, this is my 2nd, first being the Slice which was useless.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Just to say I feel your pain. I finally had to get rid of my original Cricut which was running SCAL and was the only thing that made it useable to me. I'm off to have a look, as I still have a boxed Mini they sent me to review a few years back. - maybe I should bin it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for response. Just spent well over an hour on internet chat with Cricut customer service. Knew I wouldn't get anywhere, but still had to give it a try.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I wonder - how hard would it have been for them to make the mini work with the Design Space? I'll bet not that hard. But this way they rook people into buying a new machine instead! I see Minis on eBay for about £80. Sure hope no one is tricked into buying them! And what's more, $75 is only about £55! And the most expensive Air is $280 (£207ish) but the most expensive Air in the UK is about £250 and it's unclear if it includes all the stuff the US one does for that price.

• Deep-Point Blade + Housing
    • Machine Mat Variety Pack, 12" x 12"
    • Scoring Stylus
    • Basic Tool Set
    • Portable Trimmer
    • Pen Set, Metallic
    • Multi Pen Set, Gold
    • Vellum Sampler, Metallic
    • Printable Iron-On, Light
    • Printable Iron-On, Dark
    • Window Cling, Black
    • Window Cling, White
    • Printable Sticker Paper
    • Faux Leather Sampler, Wood Grain
    • Poster Board, Metallic
    • Premium Outdoor Vinyl, Light Blue
    • Vinyl, Dry Erase
    • Vinyl Sampler, Home
    • Vinyl Transfer Tape
    • Premium Fine-Point Replacement Blades, 2

So no matter how you slice it (ha. see what I did there? SLICE...) we are, as usual, coming off the worst for it. Ever since Provocraft sued the SCAL makers then two years later unveiled their vastly inferior product that was still following the sell-sell-sell model, I have been less than enthusiastic. My original Cricut worked for years with SCAL, since I had bought it before they were forced to stop selling it. I could just never see the sense in buying a £35 cart to get ONE alphabet when SCAL gave me every font I had able to be cut.

I'll stop whining now. This issue has gotten under my skin for years and I don't have the energy to let it keep getting to me. As a business PC just annoys the crap out of me and it has never done a single thing to change my mind - I don;t expect it to now....

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Mary Anne