Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette not connected

Having sorted the knife problem I sent the image to cut and now it is saying it is not connected. I've checked the leads and they are all okay, it moves as if it is going to start then stops. I've tried switching it off and on again but still the same problem. Last time I used it (about a year ago) it worked fine and it's trying to work. I haven't updated my version of software for a while because in the past people seemed to have so many problems. I have a feeling it is something silly I am doing/not doing, any tips anyone?

The only reason I don't use this more often is because it has to sit on the floor and it is absolutely back breaking bending over to use it. It's that or getting on the floor, I simply need a bigger craft room - fat chance.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Cancel this one too. It helps if you have the correct USB connected!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Oh dear Susie glad it's sorted now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen. I think I panicked when it wasn't working, went through everything and it was only after that I realised that the USB lead is thicker than I thought and it wasn't even plugged in. It has just cut perfectly, except that it started to do a double cut which I don't usually do and wasn't cutting exactly in the right place. Not sure why, but since I didn't need the extra cut I just switched it off.

I only wish I had the room to leave my machine out so I could make better use of it. I used a new mat as they seem to go from super sticky to not very quickly, despite always covering them up after use. I've left it all plugged in now and I'm going to try to use it more often, poor neglected little machine.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Wash it in warm soapy water to get the fibers off and it should get some of it's stickiness back Susan if it doesn't use something like Googone or Stickaway to get the old stuff off then use a Zig jumbo glue stick sparingly on the mat and allow it to dry clear before using the mat