Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Latest model of Silhouette Cameo

My blade holder appears to be broken and there is no blade coming through. Tried all the suggestions on You Tube/internet sites but think it's time to buy a new one. There doesn't seem to be many differences in the new one except for double holder and a slicker design. Can anyone who has got one let me know what they think of it please?

TAI

Susan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm still using the original Cameo but lots of members have the Cam 3 and hopefully will let you know Susan

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love my C3 and it has never given me any problems apart from the Bluetooth being a bit patchy at first but recent software updates seem to have resolved that but to be honest I only use BT when I’m on my laptop, for my PC I connect with the usb. I find the dual holder very useful as you can have a blade in one and a pen in the other and send it to cut/draw in one operation by choosing the appropriate settings. You can use an autoblade or a normal ratchet one so long as you tell the machine what type of blade you are using. Some people report problems with the autoblade not adjusting properly but I haven’t had that problem and I have had my machine since they were first released. I do believe it has a slightly deeper cutting force too so you can use a deep cut blade with it. I did hang on to my original Cameo but it was just gathering dust so finally sold it on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I think I have had a good experience with the C3 but others may differ !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have an origional cameo and a c3. To be honest the c3 is mainly used for batch making Christmas cards/boxes where the dual holder is a huge time saver.My origional cameo however is in permanent use as it is linked to my laptop where I do all my desigining.
    My c3 is linked to the" stupid pro" tablet which has too small a screen for my elderly eyes to design on and a dodgy pen.Sheer lazyness at having to remember where things are in v4 of the software also is to blame.
    Several people( mainly in USA) have commented that their computers, even brand new ones were not quite powerful enough to run the cameos and software.
    Have you thought about asking Graphtec about repairing your machine as an option.I am sure they still do a refurbishment service at a cost.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm the same as Shirley. I love my C3. Bluetooth has improved with the last two software updates. I can use bluetooth without any major issues but when I'm in my craft room I tend to connect with my usb too. The other useful addition with the C3 is the draw underneath the cutting area. The lid lifts up to reveal a storage space You can also extend a rest to hold the mat as it feeds through the machine. I personally don't like the autoblade so continue to use my ratchet blade without any problem.Silhouette-Cameo-3-1.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Thank you ladies for all your helpful comments. I got it to work and then it stopped again. Silhouette America want me to make a video of problem which won't help them as it looks as if it's cutting! I will certainly see if Graphtec can help. One thing, if I buy a new one, do I have to do uninstalls to old one or anything 'complicated'!?
    Susan x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by susan b View Post
    Thank you ladies for all your helpful comments. I got it to work and then it stopped again. Silhouette America want me to make a video of problem which won't help them as it looks as if it's cutting! I will certainly see if Graphtec can help. One thing, if I buy a new one, do I have to do uninstalls to old one or anything 'complicated'!?
    Susan x
    I hope you get it sorted Susan but if you do buy another one no you won't need to uninstall

View Gallery

I too love my Cameo 3 - now that I've got over some of the stumbling blocks. Yesterday I even managed to sketch using 2 colours at the same time, well consecutively, but without unloading in between and I'm getting to grips with V.4 at last, thanks to help from here.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Susan I love my Cameo 3 and no way regret buying it then selling my original Cameo. I do like using the auto blade and the twin blade carrier, also it takes slightly thicker materials as the gap is 2mm compared to 1mm on the original Cameo. I also agree with Cariad the pull out tray with the extending rest for the cutting mat is handy.