Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

New stable version and new beta version of Studio

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Doreen.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    How do I know whether I should download the 'Current Version' or the 'Legacy Version'?
    Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    How do I know whether I should download the 'Current Version' or the 'Legacy Version'?
    Shirley
    The beta version is the testing one so if you don't want that I would download the current version Shirley

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Legacy versions are older versions of the software in case you want to revert to an earlier version. The current version is the latest, stable version and the beta one is still being tested but I have been using it without any problems.

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen and Shirley Ann. Now downloaded and installed and I hate it! Had a wasted afternoon trying to write a load of text with a sketch pen, now I'll have to recreate it in V.3 if I'm to produce it this side of Christmas. I downloaded V.4 last May under a different user name so that I could fathom it out when I had time without messing up V.3 but I never got around to it. Today I decided to try to get to grips with it but I'm finding it a very different ball game. I see there's a Sketch option in the Send panel but none of it makes sense to me. When I try to select the tool only blades are offered and as for scaling - forget it! I've looked at the Tutorials and the Manual but couldn't find anything relevant, maybe I'm just too tired and will have to try again another day but suspect that I'm going to be using V.3 for a long time to come. Woe is me!

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    I see there's a Sketch option in the Send panel but none of it makes sense to me. When I try to select the tool only blades are offered
    Shirley, just to say we all felt like that when they changed to V4! It took me a while to download it because so many people were having problems with it! It is always worth looking to see if there are any arrows that give you drop down options, for instance the sketch pen - see the snip I've added to this post - you go to "send" to cut in V4, and you use the drop down arrow on the action line to select sketch and the tool line drop down arrow to get to sketch pen. If you still have V4 installed it is worth having a play with it to get used to the changes. There are some really good improvements, you just need some time. If you have something urgent to cut then it is obviously best to use the version that you know and trust, but don't give up on the new version without having a go. There will always be someone on here that will assist, and Brian is often about and will give advice - we are so lucky to have good support.

Andi
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

It is a very different layout Shirley and takes tiie to get used to where everything is as Andi says but if you need help and no one is around on here there are quite a few video's on Youtube that should help now that this version has been out for a while

View Gallery

Thank you Andi and Doreen for your support, so simple when you know how! The problem I had with scaling was that I couldn't find the custom scaling option - where you type in your own percentage, but I know you're right, perseverance is the name of the game. I seem to remember that people posted how much they liked it once over the initial learning curve. To be honest though, I don't do anything very fancy these days and I can usually do what I want in V.3, however I know it's good for the brain to keep on making it work so I guess I'll persevere - with a little help from my forum friends perhaps? Thanks again for your help and encouragement.
    Shirley.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

It's worth sticking with it Shirley, I think we all found it a bit challenging at first but once you get used to it it has some great features. Not sure I could find my way round V3 now !! - it's juast a question iof playing around with it to find out where everything is. If you look on Silhoutte School Blog you will find lots of easy to follow tutorials for V4.

View Gallery

In case you haven't found the scaling option Shirley here's a screenshot

Clipboard01.jpg

View Gallery

Oh thank you Doreen, I see now what my problem was. I was clicking the Scale Icon on the top menu bar only and that doesn't give the option to select one's own percentage, that option only appears when the Transform panel is opened from the right sidebar. Totally confusing as far as I'm concerned and I don't think that was mentioned in the Manual, but many thanks.
    Shirley.

View Gallery

Hi Andi, thanks for your help with using the sketch pen, I have now successfully completed the job I was trying to do. Previously I could just go down the list of materials (not fabric materials) and Silhouette Sketch Pen was listed. I guess when I clicked on Sketch and none of the images looked remotely like text I didn't persevere and when I clicked on Tools only blades were offered. The whole of the software seems a lot more complicated to me, I can only suppose it's to enable more advanced uses. I shall persevere but when I'm in a hurry it will have to be V.3 for some time I fear. Thanks again.
    Shirley