Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Susie. I think I will make something else, and give this one to my Son in Law

Love your flower card. Pretty colours and flowers.
    Like all the sparkle and the butterflies. The sentiment just finishes it off.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well, there's a card made that you now don't have to do. I've sent a couple of images you may like to your email, or not, depending on what he's in to.

Thanks Ellie, it took me ages to work out what would go with the sentiment, in the end glittering every Swiss dot seemed to work.

View Gallery

OMG! Ever the perfectionist
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's a cross I have to bear. Actually, there is a fault in that card and I'm going to make another and correct it but I will send that to someone because no-one else will notice, at least, no-one who doesn't craft would notice.

View Gallery

Well you got me wondering then. At fist glance there’s nothing wrong with it.
    So I scrutinise it carefully. The only teeny tiny thing I could find was.....
    One one side there are 6 loops at the top , down one side and 7 at the bottom half, and
    on the other side it’s 7 at the top and 6 at the bottom.
    Do I win the prize? If it is that , then you are being obsessive
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, I'm not sure which loops we're talking about but that wasn't it. Does that mean I've got to go back and check loops? No, I'm not going to check loops, it was just that the pattern was slightly bigger than the die so next time I'd shrink it a little to make it fit better within the die. If you look really closely, the edges of the centre flowers are cut off. I'm not sure I have control of the loops so I won't even go there, see, not a perfectionist at all.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I think you’re worrying too much ! Your cards are beautiful.
    Here’s my first attempt with my big stamp, needs a lot more practice . I was a bit impatient so the happy birthday is far from perfect

F0E8F676-FF3E-4457-BB70-AFED28F2E8CA.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I do like that Alison, the stamp has such impact and you don't need to add much more. What size is the card please? Just to get an idea of the size of the stamp. It is such a lovely modern design. To be honest, with the background stamp being so random I wouldn't worry if the Happy Birthday isn't spot on because it will look deliberate, if that makes sense.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It’s a 6x6 card, so it’s quite a big stamp. I thought the same too Susie, Here’s another attempt, which I think I prefer -what do you think ?

1B5C4C6F-F1B1-4F9A-8420-9AA6B4E4E084.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

That’s a lovely card Alison. Really like the stamp . Wish I had bought it now
    What make is it please? I think it will be perfect for your original idea, and as
    Susie says it’s very modern.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    That stamp Alison I think they were demoing it at Ally Pally a few weeks ago. They were making galaxy backgrounds with it.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hard to choose between them Alison, they're both really great cards. Love the striking effect of the first, but then I also love the softer pastel shades of the second. I like the way you used the black stars on one and then the pink on the other. I'd probably go for the second one because I'm a sucker for pastels, but I love blended centre on both, is that something like Cosmic shimmer with a spritz? I can see that stamp on a LO, very versatile.

Two lovely cards from you Ellie and such pretty colours. Those flowers are ever so pretty and I've just spotted that lovely butterfly in the corner, did you stamp that? I love that shade of blue - you are on such a roll.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    lovely cards Ellie I was scrolling the wrong way and thought the cocktails was one of Susie's is it pp ?
    I love the stamp Alison can see it will be useful I like the second one best if have to choose