Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Exclamation 2018 card challenge - April

Morning everyone!

For this month's design element we're focusing on....

Nature

I've added some tips and ideas over on my blog here.

The full instructions and details for this year's challenge can be found here in the January post.

And past prompts are all listed under the tag 2018 card challenge on my blog.

Also for those of you on Instagram, I'll be using the hashtag #2018handmadecardchallenge to share my projects there, so feel free to use this tag on Instagram as well!

Enjoy!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Great theme Nat, lots of scope there
    I’ll try harder this month x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Wow Nat, such a big wide topic. I’m sure we will be able to find
    something in that. Thanks
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Nice Nat thank you

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'll post my Easter card here because it has nature/spring/flowers/boughs and such a pretty shade of blue. Still not a good photo but better than yesterday's which was appalling. I love to use the front design inside and reduce the opacity so it makes a pretty background. I am not religious as such, but the people receiving the two cards I made are so I make sure it has the sort of verse they will appreciate.

P1070189 (1).png

P1070191.png
    Last edited by Susie.A; 01-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.

View Gallery

Beautiful Susie. The flowers are really pretty.
    The verse is lovely and I bet it’s appreciated
    Ellie

View Gallery

Beautiful card Susie, lovely blossoms
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I’m slacking, I’ve not made an engagement card for DD yet, that must be tonight’s job....
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies, asked for the envelope back too! The blank card is from Paperchase and I love their card and envelopes. The other one I made is for our other neighbour and she loved it but it was a very hard visit. We'd taken a big box of Milk Tray and just as we were about to be offered one my other neighbour said something she didn't like and the lid was snapped shut. Her whole mood changed and it is so difficult to ease her out of one mood into another. I've had to explain to my other neighbour that you can't disagree with someone with dementia/Alzheimer's it just aggravates them, always better to go along and in her case explain everything very carefully, because although she won't remember what you've said five minutes later, she is a highly intelligent woman and for that brief moment in time she takes in everything you say. We feel exhausted and sad and it brings back all the worst memories of what mum went through, which was much worse than this.

Anyway, we came in to the boys who actually leap about like mad puppies. I kid you not, one was spinning in the air with excitement and he's 11 shortly. Hubby says he has to be taken off his supplements, they're working too well! If you ever seen dolphins leaping backwards through water, well our boys do that through the air and that's at dinner time. The older one is 13 this year, you wouldn't think it.

I loved that image on the card but it had something else written in the centre that had to be removed so I could personalise it.

I am looking forward to what you come up with for your DD's engagement card Alison, I'm sure it will be very special.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    That’s a beautiful card Susie.
    I’m looking forward to my last guests leaving today so I can get some crafty time! I’m shattered after so many people staying and an extra dog to look after!
    Your description of your dogs is spot on Susie..how do i know? Because my three do exactly the same..it’s chaos when we come home..or someone visits.. it’s like they've never seen anyone before. They don’t do it at dinner time though. They have to sit an wait or they don’t get any until they do..mean Mummy!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Beautiful card Susie I now have paperchase too on my shopping list when my friend says where do you want to go she can never believe the shops I come out with so always want me to suggest something special to do and cant believe me when I say but it is extra special
    Hope normal duties like scrapping can resume Elaine its difficult having guests however easy they are for any length of time as you do have so much extra to sort
    My cats do that too well the kittens Jack esp jumps for joy when he he knows its our playtime He sat behind me now on the computer chair keeps doing a little scrape with his nails

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ours will sit Elaine, after they've done the spinning leaping thing and here is the funniest thing, they will never steal their own food out of their bowls. If I put a tray of food down, of ours accidentally of course, it would be gone in seconds, they're like a blur but I can put a bowl of their food down whilst I fill the other bowl and they sit and wait. Hubby couldn't believe it and the first time he saw me do it, he said "What are you doing!" He thought they'd instantly steal the food but I explained to him that they know it's theirs and they will get it in a moment so no need to steal. Also, when you let them into the kitchen it truly is like wacky races to get round the corner they skid and fall over, yet then they will sit and wait for their food if you make them. Mostly we don't both making them wait, so long as we know we have control we don't feel the need to exercise it too often. Every now and again we will reinforce our training but the different standards they have never ceases to amaze me. As we've said before it is all about Dog Property Laws.

Thanks for the kinds comments both of you and Denise they also sell the card in A4 sheets too, it really is a classy looking card and the envelopes are beautiful, I think.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Also Denise, they sell a beautiful paper for inserts called Sparkling White. It is only 120gsm but adds a touch of class inside the card. Sadly, for larger cards such as Elaine's was, I can't use it because it is A4 but it is fine for 6x6 cards or DL, anything smaller in other words. It could be joined but hiding the join the middle of the card which I find either looks great or horrendous because it is fiddly. If anyone has a way of doing it seamlessly let me know. Other than that, for my larger cards I now have an A3 printer tah dah!

Meant to say... Elaine, you must be worn out.

View Gallery

Boy, dogs sound like a lot of hard work ! Horses are bad enough. DD kept them in yesterday as it was so wet so one of them now has a swollen leg from being fairly still all Day with a little cut on his leg ! Hope it’s ok today and isn’t infected.

Denise, when are you coming over ? We always have a list of shops to go to when we go to the states !

Anyway, here’s the engagement card, I used little flowers so it fits the bill for this month. I wanted to keep it very simple, but stepped up a bit after Susie’s comment

0C772293-0B2C-419D-BD91-83E6AF9B8164.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

That’s a lovely card Alison. Those flowers are so delicate.
    Did you put them on separately.
    I’m sure DD will love it.
    Ellie