Wk4-5 challenge

by scrapnanny

Weekly challenge wk4

by scrapnanny

Friday5 Dec 28th

by scrapnanny

Remember today

by KarenJD

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snap March 2018

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 770 Posts

Snap March 2018

Here are this months prompts

HOT

COLD

YELLOW

Now, these are different from the original ones I was going to use, but with the snowy weather sweeping the country..I thought these would fit perfectly... I'm hoping we will soon be seeing the yellow of daffodils before too long!

Have fun!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Reverse Canvas Swap: Christmas Stocking Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Good prompts Elaine. Going to have to rethink Aprils cos I was going to say Yellow lol oh well got a month to sort it.

Chinese whisper LO swap

3. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (01-03-2018)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Thanks Elaine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 1,636 Times in 1,003 Posts
    Thanks Elaine. Sorry you weren’t well. Hope you are feeling better now.

I couldn’t remember whether they were up on the 1st day, or the 1st Monday.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanked 1,030 Times in 789 Posts
    I hope you are okay Elaine, there is tummy bug going round so take care. Fabulous snow pictures again, that is one to scrap Elaine, I would love to go tobogganing, yeah even at my age!

Yes Ellie, I was really wrapped up warm in those photo's but it wasn't so much the snow as the cold it was bitterly cold and is today as well.

Hubby has just told me he nearly passed out this morning and didn't wake me to tell me he'd felt so ill, so annoyed with him. I am wondering if it was something to to do with the cold. We haven't had the snow you've all had and in fact today there is nothing to speak of at all but he went outside to feed the birds and I know he would have had a jacket on but he wouldn't have wrapped up well. You don't have to be out there long in this weather for it too affect you. You will know this as a nurse Ellie, heart attack can be triggered by being exposed to cold as you get older. We found out when a friend of ours was fixing something on his car and collapsed and he was told it was the cold, you have to be very careful as you get older. I suppose especially if you a prone to health problems although hubby isn't but it will be a check up with the doctors for him.

Anyway, today when he went out to get the bird food he found what I am going to post next. It is definitely cold and it has yellow and it has a red bit on it that usually would signal hot but doesn't in this case and maybe I'm pushing my luck with the last bit.

P1060906.png

P1060908.png

P1060910.png
    Last edited by Susie.A; 01-03-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

As you can see the water that was in the pipe outside had frozen solid and snapped the pipe, that pipe is mainly empty because we attach the garden hose at the back of the house and have another hose at the front because it is a long run from the back to the front to water the garden. He's now gone to our neighbour's house to see if everything is okay, the last thing we need is burst pipes in there because it will be down to us to sort it.

We have no water in our loft space which is always a great comfort to me having seen what a burst pipe up there can do. That's how we ended up having our neighbour live with us for 5 months.

Well, that's got us off to a good start. I don't think any of us will have a problem with cold Elaine.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 01-03-2018 at 04:17 PM.

View Gallery

Oh wow, that’s not good. Has it broken off completely. Or has the ice just-pushed it off?
    Do you leave the tap open on the outside, and just turn it off inside. That way if there is any water in the pipe
    it can expand without breaking the pipe!! So I’m informed by DH

I know it’s a nightmare when you get a burst pipe. When Ken’s dad died, we were going
    to sell the house, and DH went down one day to see to something, and was met with
    water running down the drive to greet him. A pipe had burst in the bathroom, brought
    the ceiling down in the kitchen and ruined everything!!
    So we had to rectify that before we could sell!!!!!

But good photos Susie.
    Here’s one for COLD.
    DDs dog wouldn’t go out again, she was too cold! Awwwww ACAAA35C-4930-41CB-85F3-18D01FBD6C3D.jpeg

9. The Following Users Like This Post:

elainevking (01-03-2018),Susie.A (01-03-2018)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a sweet photo, that is just adorable!

That is just a length of pipe Ellie and it isn't connected to a water supply. So in the summer we connect the end you say to our hose and then we have another hose to connect at the other end of that long piece of pipe, so we can water the front garden. So essentially you are looking at what should be an empty piece of copper pipe without water in it. Obviously a small amount has remained in the pipe from when it was last connected, it mustn't have emptied completely and it has either split or a joint has burst not sure which. Fortunately, there is no water damage just a bit of frozen outdoor pipe. We have an entry adjoining our houses and that pipe run along the entry wall so the piece that has burst was right by the back door. It will just need a new joint soldering on when the weather gets warmer or maybe replace the whole length of pipe as it has probably been there quite a few years. I'm more worried about our outside tap where we connect the hose too because that will be frozen too.

Hubby isn't feeling great so he's gone for a lie down for a bit. I've just rung the doctors I'm not happy, he's just told me he was out in the cold for quite a while and when he came in started to make a cup of tea and some porridge to warm himself up, but before he could eat it he felt like he was passing out.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You're hubby is right Ellie, they usually say leave a tap dripping I think but it is incredibly cold despite our lack of snow. I am getting ready and I know he won't like it but I'm getting the dogs out as hubby is going to stay in bed. Doctor has said he should rest, stay warm and if it happens again ring straight away. Despite that, I can't get an actual appointment for 2 weeks. Have you seen the latest about NHS commissioning bodies to get GP's not to refer patients and they are paying them to NOT refer to hospitals. They are paying GP's (or offering to pay them) up to half of the money saved if they don't refer patients. I know we are lucky that our GP would never do that in a million years.

View Gallery

OMG! What is it coming to. Paying Doctors not to refer patients!!
    Mind you I do think sometimes Docs do pass you to a consultant, because
    they dont have the time or expertise to treat you. But that’s what consultants
    get paid for!! So what is the Doc to do then.......
    I’ve just read that the NHS has set on 1,300 more pen pushers in one year, whilst
    losing Doctors and 400 nurses ! The mind boggles......

Hope your hubby is feeling better. The cold might have hit him without him
    realising it. He might be ok with rest.
    We keep telling SIL to keep her bedroom warm , since she had the pacemaker in.
    She hasn’t any heating up stairs. Late BIL didnt like it warm upstairs, so they
    never had any put in. Cold does affect you more as you age.
    Hypothermia can creep up on you without you actually knowing.
    So keep warm everyone, and to hell with the expense
    Ellie

View Gallery

Wow..that's terrible! I don't feel mine would do, that either..but 2 weeks to wait is outrageous. If it's important our Drs will see us the same day. Hope he's soon better!
    I think the end of the pipe being 'red' and 'hot' is definitely stretching it a bit Susie! ..
    Ellie, your DDs dog is soooo cute! Bless him. My big dog hates going outside unless it's for a walk..sometimes she holds it from 10am when we get back from our walk to 10pm when we let them out for their last chance pee! We're always saying she has the bladder of a camel yet in the summer she's fine..just hates the cold!

Here are my two 'hot' dogs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joint Hse leader

14. The Following Users Like This Post:

RED HEAD (01-03-2018),Susie.A (01-03-2018)

View Gallery

Posted at the same time Ellie.
    Hope your SIL stays warm too.
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, should have got a photo but I was panicking that much that I never thought, when the second pipe burst today. The pipes themselves aren't going we think it is the solder because it's the joints. I was upstairs and could hear water running, I hate that sound. In the past it has been the bathroom and kitchen flooding, once or twice the washing machine has had a fault and continued to fill so that it overflows and floods the kitchen. When I got downstairs I was relieved to see the kitchen was okay. I didn't have the washing machine on and it isn't even plugged in when not is use such is my paranoia about them going on fire. I suddenly remembered the pipe outside for the garden hose and sure enough the water was gushing down the wall into the grid, thank goodness. When it was installed we asked for a screw thingy, I cannot get this name, so hubby had to be dragged out of bed to clear the cupboard where the valve is to turn it off. Then he went to check on our other neighbour's outside pipe but that is okay because there is no soldered joint. Of course it could burst as it goes through the wall, must mention that to hubby.

Anyway, we wrapped up and took the dogs for a walk, it is snowing constantly but only lightly it is just so bitterly cold. Got nothing done in my craft room and the house is like a tip so need to get on with that next.

Elaine, could your little dog get any closer to that fire. They look so comfy and ours are exactly the same, if they can hold it in they will, anything rather than go out in the cold or wet.

The GP's these days are basically for diagnostic purposes and you have to hope your GP is good at it. Some just ignore the warning signs but ours is a 'better safe than sorry' type of GP and she is so thorough. The idea that they are employing more 'pen pushers' whilst cutting nursing etc... is an utter disgrace.

I do think hubby was out in the cold and not wrapped up enough. Sometimes you intend to pop outside and end up being out longer than anticipated, I think that's what he's done. I am annoyed that he didn't wake me to tell me how he was feeling. I know he tries to make sure I get morning sleep but imagine if I'd got up to find him a gonner

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

When we had the boiler in the kitchen a couple of my cats would sleep on top of it and wrap themselves round the flu!!!! I couldn't touch it it was so hot. Now they get as near to the radiators as they can lol

Chinese whisper LO swap

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Evening Snappers
    Under the carport the wind so strong it blew all this fine snow where normally there just wouldn’t be any
    A7A23211-E762-4657-85CA-46F2CC0AA2B7.jpg

I came back from the Church sale this morning so cold and achy it’s taken till now to feel human again
    I’ll read back later when I’ve eaten
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

19. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (01-03-2018)

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast