Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

Stamp/Die Storage

I'm sure this has been asked before but how do you all store your stamps (not on wooden blocks)and dies?
    I had my stamps in page protectors in an A5 folder as I don't have many but the folder is bulging now and I wonder if there's a better way of storing them?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I use A4 plastic snap pockets for my stamps and TRY to organise them in themes - i do put more than one set in a pocket.
    I used the A5 pockets for my dies and pop a magnietc sheet in ( i use both sides. )

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Thanks Soojay.
    What do you store the pockets in or do you have them loose?

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there. I don't have stamps but I do have quite a lot of dies. As I get them I cut each one, plus any nice combinations you can use them for, in white card, glue these to a sheet of black card and store the whole lot - black sheet on top obviously - in an A5 plastic envelope (which you can get 5 for £1 from the shop where almost everything is one price). Very often you can get two or three dies in each envelope. Then I store the plastic envelopes on end in a shoe box. Then you just flip through them when you want a die and immediately you can see what is in each envelope. TADAH!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I don’t have a huge amount of stamps, but those I have I keep in an A4 lever arch file in the ordinary office style plastic file pockets ( I make sure I buy the good quality thick ones). I divide them into categories using standard file dividers. I keep the stamps in their orginal packaging and just put as many as will fit neatly into each pocket. I don’t have a lot, so at the moment they all fit into the file quite comfortably. I keep dies in Artbin boxes using their magnetic sheets and it works well - I have one box for alphas and one for everything else. Quickutz dies go in Quickutz binders. I’ve tried other storage methods, but in the end this is what works for me given the amount of dies/stamps I have and the spaces I have to put them - my stuff now mainly goes on shelves so the options are different from when I had all my stash in drawers.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I have a drawer unit on wheels from Muji that holds all my Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders, my Sizzix Bigz dies and Sizzix alpha sets. I put my thin dies in zip-up CD cases - the long ones that take 2 CDs to a page. I slip a magnetic sheet into the lower flap and put the dies on it. If I have matching stamps they either go into the top flap or the one opposite. I have 4 cases roughly divided into themes such as flowers, Christmas, words. This works well for me. My stamps ... well that's another matter. I need to look at having a sort out and a new system for them. At the moment all my Paper Artsy and Crafty Individual stamps are in an old office unit that used to house floppy discs (yes that old!). Some of my very old cling stamps are in 2 fat A4 ring binders on laminated card. My wooden and some unmounted stamps are in office filing drawers sorted by theme - flowers, words, people, oriental, backgrounds, miscellaneous. I also have a drawer for Tim Holtz stamps. Finally I have a large zip-up case (from IKEA I think) which has newer stamp sets in their original packaging which I stack sideways so I can flip through to see. Jennifer McGuire does a series of videos every year called My Favourite Things and the organisational one has lots of tips and ideas. Pinterest is another place to get good ideas. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to find the system that works for you. I'm there with my dies but my stamps are still a work in progress
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    My stamps are in A4 RUBs, they are for holding A4 paper so are only a few centimeters thick but they are see through so I can stick all my stamps down and then see them. My wooden block stamps are in a drawer of my Ikea Alex so I just open the drawer to see them all.
    I have some of the magnetic sheets (I think made by Sizzix) which I use for my few dies and they are just stored in a drawer. They are on end so I can just flick through them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Watching this with interest. My stash of dies and stamps has grown recently (my interest in papercrafting has been reawakened after being asleep for a while) and I'm trying to organise my work space a little more ...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I put them in one of those Ikea 12 x12 boxes ( sorry to take so long to get back to you )dröna.jpg
    Last edited by soojay; 22-02-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by soojay View Post
    I put them in one of those Ikea 12 x12 boxes ( sorry to take so long to get back to you )dröna.jpg
    I have my 12 x 12 paper pads in one of those.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2