Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    You'll be very welcome here Susan.
    If you want to add a picture yourself..It's very easy.. Click on the icon in this header bar.. the one that looks like a frame (hover over it and it will say insert image) and click on it.
    Then.. select: From Computer, choose file... then: Upload file.. and it will come up with a lot of gobbledegook in amongst [attach] and then it will be inserted in the post.
    I hope that's clear .. if not, just should and someone will help you.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Susan your card is really beautiful, thanks for sharing it Susie. My chest infection isn't getting any better yet - I've been on antibiotics since last wednesday so was hoping I would be a bit better by now. My chest is still really noisy and crackly. I'm hoping I will feel a bit better in a few days and feel well enough to do some crafting.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Gosh, I didn't even get to tell you I'd posted it Susan, well done for finding us. This is me being smug now, "I told you they'd like it"

Sheila please take it easy now. My b-i-l has been ill since end of November, first a chest infection, then pneumonia and now another chest infection. All because he tried to go out before he was ready. He only went for a meal and ended up ill with pneumonia. Whatever this chest infection is, it is hitting hard and not going away easily so please take care.x

I didn't get a buddy when I joined Denise, I could do with a buddy now some days, I still get lost.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    You will be very welcome Sue. The more the merrier
    Sometimes we can be too critical about our own work.
    Take a leap in the dark and post one, you will feel better, I promise

Sheila, take it easy. Elaine had that infection for ages. It does take some shifting.

Susie, I didn’t get a buddy either

Well here’s my take on Geometric. It’s simple, cos I don’t do geometric!!!!
    Ellie
    Ps. Thanks for telling how to do Avatar Elaine. I didn’t know !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RED HEAD; 04-02-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well that was hilarious Ellie, I thought I was the only one who blatantly cheated. Anyway, didn't Nat say circles counted... Fabulous card, very contemporary and I love that background paper; that doesn't look like Kaisercraft.

Is it too late to be each other's buddies Ellie?

View Gallery

Susie, no I don’t think so. I’ll be your buddy if you will be mine : p

Well I did say it was Simple
    No,not quite everything I own is Kaisercraft. It’s just a bit of paper I’ve had
    hanging round for a while. Don’t know where it came from, probably a freebie
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We'll be buddies now Ellie. In fact, here's the first question you can answer for me... We've just had our messages with the date of the challenge, mine says 14th May (oh this sounds so dumb) I take it that is my date for setting the challenge? It must be mustn't it!

I know not everything is KC I've seen those new dies.

I have a question for anyone who can help with this. I've just bought some very pretty WOW glitter embossing powders but the results are extremely unspectacular. I've tried different stamps and in one place I read that you must shake them to mix the contents, tried that. They just look pathetic. I think part of it is that they look as though they aren't sticking to the Versamark very well. It doesn't even feel as if it is melting properly and I have warmed the heat gun prior to using it. Is there something different that I should be doing? I've looked for Youtube video's but only seen ones where they are using a different sparkle embossing powder. Any tips would be welcome. I do have a new Versamark pad which I thought of trying but don't want to open it really as the other one has been fine up to now.

View Gallery

Hi there buddy
    Yes May 14 th is the day you post the challenge in the forum, but
    you have to send it to Scrapdolly by the Friday before, which is the 11th.
    My date is April 9th,

Sorry can’t help with the embossing powder, don’t actually know anything
    about heat embossing.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks buddy. When you say send it, is that just to tell her what prompts everyone is to use? Do you just upload your LO as normal if you've done one?

So basically, we pm Karen on the Friday before with the prompts and then just start the week's thread with the prompts on Monday morning, have I got it right?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I like your new avvie Ellie and your heart card
    Yes thats right Susie
    Welcome Susan nice you popped in
    Hope you feel better soon Sheila

View Gallery

Thank you Denise.

Yes Susie. that’s correct. Post your LO if you have done one with your prompts
    on the thread. On Monday morning.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've made a very, very simple card. It could be called bland! I am struggling not to add anything to it. It isn't for anybody it's just to meet the prompts for a change, but I really want to add something because you know how hard I find it to do simple but I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Welcome Sue, look forward to getting to know you and seeing more of your creations. Don’t be afraid, we all have different styles and there are no rights and wrongs. Every one is very lovely and friendly here you’ll be fine x

Ellie, lovely card. Is it for DH? Love that background paper, and your new dies have worked well.

I have planned my Christmas cards for this prompt, just need to make them ready for the BTCR February thread.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    You're welcome to the Avatar instructions... great new picture! Nice to see you!
    Yes Sheila, as Ellie said, my chest infection hung around for ages. I ended up with three courses of antibiotics and a chest Xray. It started at the beginning of October and I'm still coughing! Sorry to be to voice of gloom!
    Snow here this morning. I went to A 50th birthday party yesterday and her partner (OF 22 YEARS) got down on one knee and proposed.. so I'll be having to make a congratulations card now! Watch this space.
    Love your Valentines card Ellie. I normally make DH one but I saw THE most apt card for him while out shopping last week and actually bought it!
    I had a buddy when I started.. she lived in Singapore and she was so lovely.. only a couple of years older than me and we hit it off straight away.. very sadly she got cancer and then died very suddenly. I miss her. She was called ScrapMother

View Gallery

Morning all,
    No Alison it’s not for DH. I just made it for the challenge
    We don’t DO valentines cards!

Wow, I bet that was a surprise Elaine, both for her and the guests too!
    But nice all the same.
    Ellie