Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad Help! Wedding Invitation Emergency!!

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a bind over my wedding invitations, and I'm in a bit of a panic over what to do at this late stage. The card I have bought to make wedding invitations is too fibrous for my Silhouette Cameo 3. I have 250gsm pearlescent card. I've tried all sorts of settings, but can't seem to get it the machine to cut.

My problem is this... I now have to enlist the help of a laser cutting service in order to get my invitations out on time. However, I only have the basic version of Silhouette Studio and am unable to export to PDF. I have tried to print to PDF using several programmes including Bullzip without success. Would anyone with a higher version of Silhouette Studio be willing to help me with a conversion?!

Your kind assistance would be SO very much appreciated.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You can save as a PDF with the business Edition so it might be worth upgrading your software

View Gallery

Unfortunately it's become an issue of wedding budget. If I could do it with the Design edition for $49, I would have just upgraded, but Business is $99 dollars and I've already got to spend an extra £50 to get the laser cutting done.

Ideally, I need the help of someone who has the business edition that would be kind enough to help me with a conversion.

I'm really at a loss... I can't really afford the upgrade and the cost of laser cutting at the moment.

View Gallery

I appreciate what you're saying but Silhouette America are really strict about changing the format from Studio to something else the only exception I can see would be to have their Business Edition sorry

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Is your design from the Design Store because if so it won't export properly as a PDF even with business edition because of export restrictions - see screen shot.
    PDF.JPG

Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Just a thought
    but would it not be cheaper to get a better quality pearlescent card.

Sorry if this has already been considered.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Is your design from the Design Store because if so it won't export properly as a PDF even with business edition because of export restrictions - see screen shot.
    PDF.JPG
    I didn't think of it being a file bought from the store I thought it was going to be one made in Studio Shirley. As you point out they don't save properly if they're bought from the store even with the BE. Even those made in Studio aren't supposed to have the format changed....... according to some websites they've been told to remove Studio files they've made themselves

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Which card stock did you buy, as I'm thinking along the same lines as Barbara, it might be cheaper to change your card stock. What are you actually trying to cut?

View Gallery

It's a file made in Studio Basic Edition.

I've tried a number of pearlescent samples, it just doesn't want to do it. Other card of similar thickness cuts fine, so it seems to be the coating on the card itself that causes the effect.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    It's a file made in Studio Basic Edition.

I've tried a number of pearlescent samples, it just doesn't want to do it. Other card of similar thickness cuts fine, so it seems to be the coating on the card itself that causes the effect.
    Kitsune is it your blade causing the problem? Have you tried a new auto blade?

I have no problem cutting Centura Pearl on my Cameo 3 using blade set at 4. Craft Style Pearlised card I use blade setting 3. I do find the auto blade cuts better for me than the black blade with pearlised card, but it does not last as long as debris seems to go up inside the mechanism and does not come out with cleaning.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I found the pearlescent card from the Papermill ( online ) cut fine in my machine. I used it for my daughter's wedding invites. I too would suggest you use a brand new blade.