Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Please Help firmware update for craft robo pro

I am trying to install my craft robo pro 5000-40 on a windows 7..... 64 bit. I followed the instructions on graphtec link Brian added to the post when I asked how to do it. I downloaded the graphtec studio. Then the controller, then driver, not sure it installed properly, but notice said it did, then tried to update the firmware, I get to the part where it says to put the files downloaded in the "working folder" not really sure what the working folder is....... and then I followed the instructions to press the left and right arrows at the same time on the panel and text should display on the screen that says update. Now I am getting a GP- GL 1 Error..... I can not get it to display the update text on the panel. I went into the menu and then command and reset it to GP-GL and selected enter to reset it. If anyone knows anything about this I sure would appreciate any advice.
    Thank you

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Sorry can’t help as I no longer have my Pro, maybe Brian will see this and be able to help or you could email or fill in a contact form - https://graphtecgb.co.uk/contact/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've never had a Craft Robo pro so I would also suggest emailing Graphtec GB although as you're in the USA I'm not sure if they can help

View Gallery

GP-GL 1 Error means there is an error with the data the machine received. It sounds to me that you may have tried to send the firmware to the machine before it was in the update mode. Switch the machine off completely, hold down the left & right arrow keys before you switch the cutter back on and keep them held in for around 5 seconds after switching the cutter back on, then when you let go of the buttons you should see the update message as mentioned in the instructions.

Also you do not need the controller if you plan to use Graphtec Studio. All you want installed is Graphtec Studio and the driver.

If you have further problems it may be worth contacting Graphtec America here.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Brian! I will try that.