Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Please Help

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Please Help

I have the old Craft Robo, CC-100, that has GSD's. I'm trying to upgrade the software, I have 2.40 now. Can anyone please help me upgrade the software? Im having a very hard time turning an GSD to an SVG. I've tried Inkscape with no luck. Please help!

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi Lisa. As far as I understand it - if you import your GSD files into the new Silhouette software they will automatically convert. Perhaps try it with one that is not too precious to you first? Hope I'm right and hope this helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Manderachi View Post
    I have the old Craft Robo, CC-100, that has GSD's. I'm trying to upgrade the software, I have 2.40 now. Can anyone please help me upgrade the software? Im having a very hard time turning an GSD to an SVG. I've tried Inkscape with no luck. Please help!
    Lisa GSDs will open in Studio and you should be able to save to studio. but you need pay for the upgrade to the Business Edition to save as an SVG. You can open SVG files if you have the Designer Edition which again you have to pay for the upgrade. I do not use Inkscape so can't try.

I have just tried it with Studio and it works. So either drag and drop your GSD file into Studio or in Studio click on file then open, click on the drop down file formate for GSD and go to where your files are on your computer and open.
    Last edited by Neries; 16-12-2017 at 12:42 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I use Inkscape but it doesn't open GSD's. I agree with yiayia and Margaret (Neries) you can use the GSD's with the free version of Studio but will need the Designer Edition to open SVG's but you can only save as an SVG with the Business Edition. the DE and BE are both paid for upgrades

View Gallery

Thank you so much guys.