Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Silhouette Studio Library

I picked up a nasty 'your Windows needs sorting page so phone this number' with an authentic American accent telling me what to do, while I was searching eBay earlier in the week. I could not click it closed so shut down my p.c. Ran my virus checker which found nothing but it opened again in Windows Edge so only way to get rid was to run disc clean and delete what I could. Trouble was my p.c. did not recognise printer after, so sorted that.

Now when I open Studio I can't see any of the my folders in my Library even though it has synced with the Cloud. I can click on all designs and see them all and the ones above in local folders. Also I can click and see fonts and papers but not the main library, nothing happens when I click on it. I am using the latest Beta version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Did you actually click on the little + icon in the Library folder within the cloud ?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I agree with Shirley. Although to be honest I wouldn't have phoned the number there are too many scams going around, hopefully yours was genuine but I'm not sure how anyone else would know about your pc Margaret that's why I always have "allow remote control to my pc" unticked

View Gallery

Shirley one click on the green tick in the cloud and the list below vanishes, click again the list appears.

Doreen no way would I ever phone and let them take over my computer even though it was an 0800 number. It frighten the life out of me at the time but I did realise it was a scam.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley one click on the green tick in the cloud and the list below vanishes, click again the list appears.

Doreen no way would I ever phone and let them take over my computer even though it was an 0800 number. It frighten the life out of me at the time but I did realise it was a scam.
    I had a similar experience some time ago. I had just upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 - my computer was shouting out me that it was infected with a virus and all sorts of things were flashing up on the screen- it was quite a frightening experience! There was an 0800 number to ring but there would be no way I would do that. I tried to do a virus check but was unable to and in the end I reverted back to 8.1 just to get rid of it and then upgraded to 10 again.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

I wouldn't even have phoned them Margaret .Are all your files there when the folders appear

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    To avoid this I always save my designs, with a jpeg clip with same file name, to my hard drive and then back up on an external drive.
    My Blog 365 Blog Hedgie's Blog

SeptemberTotal=Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=Challenge Wk1=Wk2=Wk3=Wk4=Wk5=House challenge=Mini book=CJ=Album=

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I wouldn't even have phoned them Margaret .Are all your files there when the folders appear
    Doreen I did not phone them.

I could not close Edge so I shut my computer down. Turned off our router and waited an hour. Turned p.c. back on and turned off the WiFi. Ran a virus checker. Checked that everything was still all there. Opened Edge but that page was still there without the voice and again could not close Edge. Back to shutting off my p.c. Left it then until the following day, found Windows Clean up and ticket all the boxes including cookies, history, temporary internet files. Rebooted, turned p.c. WiFi back on and when I opened Edge it had gone thankfully.

All I can think of is that ticking all the boxes in Windows Clean up has affected Studio software from showing the Library files in the Cloud. Also my Curio files are not showing in local user. I had to go hunting to find out why my printer would not work. I ended up clicking a box in the start up in Windows Administrative Tools in Windows 10 and my printer worked.

View Gallery

Doreen I did not phone them.

I could not close Edge so I shut my computer down. Turned off our router and waited an hour. Turned p.c. back on and turned off the WiFi. Ran a virus checker. Checked that everything was still all there. Opened Edge but that page was still there without the voice and again could not close Edge. Back to shutting off my p.c. Left it then until the following day, found Windows Clean up and ticket all the boxes including cookies, history, temporary internet files. Rebooted, turned p.c. WiFi back on and when I opened Edge it had gone thankfully.

All I can think of is that ticking all the boxes in Windows Clean up has affected Studio software from showing the Library files in the Cloud. Also my Curio files are not showing in local user. I had to go hunting to find out why my printer would not work. I ended up clicking a box in the start up in Windows Administrative Tools in Windows 10 and my printer worked.
    Sorry Margaret I misunderstood the part of you post when you said there was an authentic American accent telling me what to do I assumed you'd phoned the number given and that was how you knew about the American voice. Glad you managed to get rid of whatever it was (maybe a trojan or virus) and got your printer working. Maybe a call to Brian on Monday will shed some light on what happened to your files

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by knitkath View Post
    To avoid this I always save my designs, with a jpeg clip with same file name, to my hard drive and then back up on an external drive.
    I have mine backed up the same way

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Sorry Margaret I misunderstood the part of you post when you said there was an authentic American accent telling me what to do I assumed you'd phoned the number given and that was how you knew about the American voice. Glad you managed to get rid of whatever it was (maybe a trojan or virus) and got your printer working. Maybe a call to Brian on Monday will shed some light on what happened to your files
    Oh no the page which opened came with that American voice when I was connected to the internet, the scum bags. Seems they troll Ebay, find a seller and stick the virus on the seller's account. Ebay will get a report about it and gets rid of what could be a innocent seller.

I was looking in my documents and found a file titled 'My Library which had my exported to a while ago. Went back to Studio, imported my library and it worked, but not my Curio files or the free files I exported to this file. So hoping when I connect my Curio they will appear. Not sure about the missing download files.

View Gallery

Oh no the page which opened came with that American voice when I was connected to the internet, the scum bags. Seems they troll Ebay, find a seller and stick the virus on the seller's account. Ebay will get a report about it and gets rid of what could be a innocent seller.

I was looking in my documents and found a file titled 'My Library which had my exported to a while ago. Went back to Studio, imported my library and it worked, but not my Curio files or the free files I exported to this file. So hoping when I connect my Curio they will appear. Not sure about the missing download files.
    Some people have nothing better to do with their time except cause problems for others

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    had two friends had a similar experience with the voice thing. one ignored it and switched everything off and when he went back in the computer was locked! so he shut it down overnight and was ok after.
    the other friend, not computer savvy, rang the number and they managed to talk her into letting them sort it out for a fee! which she paid. She had to take the whole thing to someone to debug in the end.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    had two friends had a similar experience with the voice thing. one ignored it and switched everything off and when he went back in the computer was locked! so he shut it down overnight and was ok after.
    the other friend, not computer savvy, rang the number and they managed to talk her into letting them sort it out for a fee! which she paid. She had to take the whole thing to someone to debug in the end.
    What a shame why don't those who make the virus's/Trojans etc put their time to better use......there are some really rotten people in the world today

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    Your poor friend, they are real scum bags out to make money.