Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Noise Level

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Noise Level

Does anyone have any tips they want to share about reducing the noise level of the machine?
    I know these machines are noisy but mine seems exceptionally noisy, my last machine was noisy and all the others before it but boy this one beats them all in the noise level lol
    Is there anyway of making them less noisy at all?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I suppose yu could put a teacloth or foam sheet or something similar underneath it Helen although I've not tried it so don't know if it will make any difference

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I suppose yu could put a teacloth or foam sheet or something similar underneath it Helen although I've not tried it so don't know if it will make any difference
    It's more the grinding noise it makes sometimes. I think i need ear defenders on lol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    It's more the grinding noise it makes sometimes. I think i need ear defenders on lol
    Maybe you have sensitive ears Helen. You could try some earplugs LOL

View Gallery

There isn't much you can do about the grinding noise unfortunately, it is a downside of the type of materials used for the cogs in the machine. When the machines are new the cogs have a lot of grease on them and overtime this grease is gradually worked out of the cogs so the machines start to sound a bit louder.

Another cause of the noise on Silhouette machines is the clip on cover that sits on top of the cutting head; it clips into place and has a small amount of movement, which then vibrates as the machine works and makes a noise. None of this affects the cutting but it does make the machines a bit noisy. You can put a small piece of rubber or bluetack on the clip of the clip on cover to reduce that rattle but the cogs themselves can only be re-greased, which will improve them for a while, until the grease thins again and they will get noisier again. (this is one of the things we do when we service CraftROBO\Silhouette machines)
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    There isn't much you can do about the grinding noise unfortunately, it is a downside of the type of materials used for the cogs in the machine. When the machines are new the cogs have a lot of grease on them and overtime this grease is gradually worked out of the cogs so the machines start to sound a bit louder.

Another cause of the noise on Silhouette machines is the clip on cover that sits on top of the cutting head; it clips into place and has a small amount of movement, which then vibrates as the machine works and makes a noise. None of this affects the cutting but it does make the machines a bit noisy. You can put a small piece of rubber or bluetack on the clip of the clip on cover to reduce that rattle but the cogs themselves can only be re-greased, which will improve them for a while, until the grease thins again and they will get noisier again. (this is one of the things we do when we service CraftROBO\Silhouette machines)
    Thanks Brian I might try putting a bit of grease on the cogs see if that helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Helen I found mine is not quite as noisy when the lid is down when cutting.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I remember when I firstt got my Cameo, it made a beautiful noise , like singing! I fell in love with it. Its a bit noisier now, but I still love it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We sold our home and downsized to a retirement community. This is a very nice complex. Well sound proofed. And my neighbor said she could hear the Cameo cutting! Just a dull noise she said.... but still.... there must be something that can be done to quiet them some. These machines are loud.... I love mine. I have Cameo 1 and 2. I also have a craft Robo pro 5000–40 I would use that because it is much quieter but I cannot get it to load on a laptop that is running Windows 7 and that is the oldest computer that I tried to install it on Would not installed properly. My new laptop runs windows 10 so I'm sure it wouldn't load on that either. Has anyone here successfully installed the craft Robo pro our windows 7?

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I got rid of my Pro when I got my Cameo 3 but I’m pretty sure I was using Windows 7 then in fact that is still what I have on my PC. Are you using the correct driver ? Maybe look here http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/...craftrobo.html or perhaps Brian may see this and offer advice even though you are in the US. You probably know that Robomaster is no longer supported but I used an old version and it worked OK. You can’t use the Pro with Studio though but I seem to remember a program called Graphtec studio for the Pro. Have just found the link but not sure if it is still relevant or just for UK users http://downloads.graphtecgb.co.uk/support/

View Gallery

To use a CraftROBO pro with a modern Windows PC you would need to first of all update the firmware after which you could use the Graphtec Studio software. (which is a very much like a pro version of Silhouette Studio)

You can download the required firmware and software from Graphtec America at this link: https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-download-ce5000-40

As for making the Cameo quieter; there isn't much you can do because the noise is mainly caused by the materials used, i.e. the plastic resonates the noise. This is why the CraftROBO pro is quieter, because it has a metal chassis and drive cogs with rubber rollers.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Shirley. I appreciate the help.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Brian! Thank you so much! I will try this. I am so happy to know I will be able to you use my craft robo pro again! You made my day. Thanks again!
    Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    To use a CraftROBO pro with a modern Windows PC you would need to first of all update the firmware after which you could use the Graphtec Studio software. (which is a very much like a pro version of Silhouette Studio)

You can download the required firmware and software from Graphtec America at this link: https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-download-ce5000-40

As for making the Cameo quieter; there isn't much you can do because the noise is mainly caused by the materials used, i.e. the plastic resonates the noise. This is why the CraftROBO pro is quieter, because it has a metal chassis and drive cogs with rubber rollers.