Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Moving Library Files into Folders

I think I must be too old for this but since the cloud arrived I've struggled to put my files where I want them, in fact I usually use the Show All Files option. Could some one please point me in the direction of a tutorial (I'm still using V.3.8.150 as I haven't got time yet to get to grips with V.4 although I've downloaded it under a different User on my Mac). I'm just getting back into crafting after a long lay off following my daughter's death and I seem to have forgotten most of what I thought I knew! Is it possible to get all one's files out of the cloud, it just seems an unnecessary encumbrance as I only have hundreds rather than thousands.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't keep any files in the library except the free ones that come with the machine I even move the free Tuesday file out of the cloud and save to an external drive but you should be able to make your own folders to put the files in just right click Library in either local user or cloud and there's an option to make a new folder

View Gallery

This might help. Let me know if you are unsure of anything I did.

library_folders.gif

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...2&d=1510226871
    Last edited by BrianP; 09-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen & Brian. I set up folders ages ago and in fact there are 374 designs in my own named section but 754 designs in total. When I try to drag designs from the Show All window into my own named section I get the 'An error has occurred message' and I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. I can't remember when I moved the designs which are already there but the error message is very familiar. It's now quite laborious to find out which have already been transferred to appropriate folders and which haven't but I've just tried to move one which I have checked isn't already there but the error message appeared again. If you can understand what I'm trying to say (I'm getting confused myself) and can spot my error I'll be grateful - or may be I should just abandon V.3 and try to do it in V.4 - if so which version should I update to?
    Shirley

View Gallery

I wouldn't use the show all window because as you say it shows all the files in all the folders try clicking the recent downloads in the cloud library and dragging the files from there to a created folder in the cloud or you can make folders for different files ie flowers/ cards etc.
    If you want to update to V4 but don't want the beta version choose V4.1.201 from here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software
    Last edited by DJG; 09-11-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Are you trying to drag and drop purchased files in the Cloud section over into the local section because as far as I am aware you can't do that.

View Gallery

Yes you're right Shirley I've just tried it you can drag it to a different folder in the cloud but not put it in the local user section I've edited my previous post
    Last edited by DJG; 09-11-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

The work round would be to open the file from the cloud library then File > 'Save As' and then "Save to Library." Then select or create a sub folder in the Local User folder, name the file and then click 'OK'. A bit long winded though but I agree with you Doreen about not trying to do anything from the show all designs window as Shirley could be trying to move purchased cloud items, hence the problem.

View Gallery

Well now I've done some more exploring of my Library files and discovered that some are in both Local User and my named section but most are in either one or the other. I don't understand the difference between the two or why one should need both. Can anyone explain?
    Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Well now I've done some more exploring of my Library files and discovered that some are in both Local User and my named section but most are in either one or the other. I don't understand the difference between the two or why one should need both. Can anyone explain?
    Shirley
    When you had the show all files did you move any if so that could be why you have duplicates. When I first updated to the cloud version I had duplicates of them all luckily there are only the freebies that came with the machine in my library but if you've saved any bought ones in there you could have a great deal of duplicates. I just deleted the duplicates

View Gallery

I've only explored a few of the folders so far (it's very time consuming as I can only view one or the other, not both at the same time) and I think at some point early on after installing the Cloud version I may have Imported my Library from the Cloud and presumably those are the files in the Local User Library but I can't remember how or when I put files in my named section. I just don't understand why I need to have 2 sections when what I want to see all files in any given category. Is it possible to merge the two or will I have to Copy and Paste? There is a Merge option but that appears to be for created files only. By the way, the Recent Downloads are all in my named library, not the Local User.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Haven't noticed the merge option Shirley so I can't comment on that maybe Shirley Anne knows

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    All changed when they introduced The Cloud. My Local User Library consists of original Robo and Cameo files 101. The ones which came with my Curio 50. Recent downloads is the 100 which came with my Cameo 3. Patterns 21 which are paper ones I dropped in.

All the folders I made and filled from free downloads and bought files before and after the Cloud was introduced are in The Cloud.

So very confusing.

View Gallery

Aren't you worried about losing the freebies and bought files Margaret if anything happens to your pc or have you got them backed up externally

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Aren't you worried about losing the freebies and bought files Margaret if anything happens to your pc or have you got them backed up externally
    No I have not backed them up externally Doreen. I am relying on retrieving them from Silhouette if that ever happens. I have had 5 desk computers and 1 laptop since 1993 and not one has failed on me, I just upgraded from them. All my own files are always saved to my hard drive. My present one I have had just over 18 months.