Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Scrapbook Albums

Christmas is coming and I've put new albums on my wish list. A couple of friends have offered to pay for one each, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. I like the plain black fabric 3 ring ones from American Crafts (12x12).

Does anyone know of of any UK stockists? (I'm still having palpitations about the duty I got stung for the only time I ordered from the US). Ta muchly.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    I checked our lovely sponsors but, as you say, all out of stock. How about this one I found on Amazon?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks MiniOwner - I generally try to avoid buying from Amazon, but it's looking like it might be the only option at the moment.

Maybe I'll leave it a week or so to see if someone I'd prefer to give my support to gets some in stock. Fingers x'd.

View Gallery

I bought this same one from Amazon in August, it is fine.

The Packaging Queen!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    We do have some albums, but the main problem is finding suitable packaging. We sell a lot at our retreats, I have just looked at the ones on Amazon - some of our prices are competitive, but the black cloth one would be more. The gold foil dot one on the other hand which Amazon are selling for £47, we would sell at £35 plus postage. I can get particular albums in for special order if anyone is interested but they would have to be sent 2nd class because of the weight.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for replying Jill. I'd be interested in buying some of the black fabric albums if you've got any, I don't mind if they're a (little) bit more expensive than Amazon. I've bought from them in the past, but I'd much rather give my money to an independent business. Can you let me know how much you'd charge and how I can place an order. Thanks.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I am also finding this a real problem - have just posted in the shopping section of the forum to see if anyone has one. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find! I like the WRMK or Becky Higgins ones with the spine label but most places out of stock or only have a single album of any given colour when I buy them in twos! Need to find a supplier and stock up with a few years worth I think!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I found 12x12 page protectors a problem when I was looking last year too

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I have 12x12 D-ring albums available, also page protectors which you can find here
    Sarah x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The American Crafts ones seem to be discontinued - a couple of the sellers on Amazon have them marked up as out of stock, not being restocked. I’ve just received a Pioneer album from Kalulu which is nice - the spine is a bit wider, but it seems sturdy enough, and Kalulu posted it out promptly.

I don’t know if AC discontinuing the plain black album means that the WRMK ones may disapper too - I use these for my ‘heritage’ albums and I’ll need a few more. The ones SarahK has look quite similar though.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Thanks Sarah, I'm going to try and see if I can get my hands on some cloth ones, but your one looks like a good alternative if I can't!