Break Me Off a Piece of That UKScrappers.

Winter Fantasy - Christmas Countdown day 20

by Mary Buttons

Wk3 Smile

by thriftycrafter

Christmas countdown York

by bramblepie

IMG_4678

by ScribbleMonster

Nov week 2 17

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hope you find your ring Susie. Think last year I paid £100+ for bonnie and Darcys boosters no wormers no flea just the booster. Vets down South think we're all made of money.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I agree Sandra..you're very fortunate if that is the cost up there because I have compared and compared. We changed vets after one recent move and I shopped around before committing. The vet was my Mums not mine and I asked them to quote me for the same tablets I buy and they were about a pound difference so not worth the travelling. I don't use Frontline as they have built up a resistance to it but I use Advocate and down here I never get change out of £90.. Each..including the check up! Repeat prescriptions are less of course as they don't have the check up fee in it. I can't actually remember the last time my bill was less than £100! Fortunately Baz stopped shaking his head and seems fine now..so I 'saved' myself £100.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    Christmas stocking swap:ATCMixed Media Swap: Christmas Advent Swap
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What is Bella having for her allergies? I'm just wondering if it is something you can buy cheaply from a pharmacy. A lot of the drugs used to be exactly the same and the EU law came in and said that animals had to have their own drugs hence the high charge for pet drugs. But a lot of their drugs are ours. For instance, our dog is on omeprazole for his tummy at present but it is the same omeprazole that hubby takes. If it is cetirizine or some such drug, I would be buying it from Sainsbury's and save a fortune. Especially as you know how much the dog needs and the vet has prescribed it, I would never just try something first. Amoxicillin is the same as ours you just need to know the correct amount. I'd be interested to know which antihistamine Bella is on.

Our dogs are on Q10, glucosamine and chondroitin + MSM and they are now going on selenium but it is all H&B stuff that we use ourselves. Our vet is toying with the idea of giving our dog with the tummy problem the treatment for helicobacter pylori and it is exactly the same treatment as we would take. We would never give any of our animals something without discussing with our vet first but he is open to our alternative meds and helping us to save money.

Sorry if I sound like I'm on my soap box again but this is a huge issue for pet owners and the vets bill seem to be soaring with all the new treatment they can perform, but basic stuff such as flea treatments etc... sounds like a handy way to rip of their loyal customers.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Mary love your working men photo.
    It’s so sharp, really good.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    The cats are so expensive here not as expensive thank goodness as I wouldn't be able to have as many furbabies but the UK vets are good so advanced
    Remember me been delighted when the vet knocked me 50p.off Susie !I bought them all at the vets a mug with cats on well just to get two more the receptionists get and nurses for Christmas will fill them with Chocolates the vet comes to Barrydale once a month and has got 23 years !!He obviously doesn't do major things but boosters and nice saves the long journey
    He gives a very special rate for the stray cats for which we are grateful
    And we can ring for foods and medications to be brought through and he very good can pay once a month not like most vets that want the money straight away he even goes the other way though I waiting to pay after yteatments and they say pay later we not got the bill ready yet
    I was fortunate too that when I had 2 of my card out to sleep on different occassions he came through edonand did a home visit for me and considering the distance
    Going to light a candle for my mum in heaven now she passed away 1989 on this day one of the card was 2 years yesterday and my doggie in heaven birthday tomorrow
    And another cat 1 year next.week November is a time to connect with spirit
    I see believe your mum is telling you something Susie
    Sorry for ramble and if spelling mistakes on smartphone not laptop
    Chinese whisper cj 2017

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I remember you mentioning the 50p but at the time I thought it was awful, not realising what great service your vet gives. As you say, not having to travel the extra distance is a huge bonus and also not having to pay on the nose can be really good too. Nice not to have to take your pets to be put down, if it can be done at home it is so much kinder to them. It's hard when you lose loved ones close together isn't it Denise and they are all family members in one form or another. Did you get to light a candle for your mum okay?

My mum is probably trying to tell me not to be so careless Denise. Funny thing is, my hands were really cold today and I pushed my rings down my fingers to see how easily they would come off but they didn't, so how I came to lose one of them is a mystery.

Since I was out and about I tried to take a couple of photo's but they were from the car again, so have to see if they turn out okay.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here is a rather grainy photo but I was hanging out the car as we were travelling along, I don't know what people think of me. This is working out and I'm outside, so I think it should be included. I only wish we could have stopped to get a proper shot.

P1060152.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

A few street scenes mainly of buildings.

P1060150.png

P1060155.png

P1060141.png

+ Post New Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415