Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    Really sorry to hear of all your health problems MaryAnne and I hope things improve for you. I don’t post much these days but I do pop in every day to see what’s going on. I rarely scrap these days either but UKS has been a great resource over the years and I would be sad to see it go.

Normal? No, I'm just me stillcrafting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    MaryAnne, you have been amazing over the years and my heart breaks knowing how poorly you are. We all love ypu and want the best for you. Gentle hugs coming your way xxxx
    Love, Sarah xoxo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I echo all the comments on here MaryAnne, I come on every day to catch up on chat etc . UKS has been my inspiration for many years and the reason I started scrapping. I'd hate to lose it but your health must come first. I'd be happy to pay a monthly or yearly subscription if that would help.
    I hope 2018 is a much better year for you xxx
    Chris

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Very sorry to hear of your poor health and the nasty time you ve been having. I really hope things get better for you soon and thanks for all you have done for us and uks.

Im afraid i dont come in here much anymore...no fault of the site, simply my life has changed, i scrap much less and am online much less too. When i do get online i tend to go to facebook because its a one stop shop and i can catch up with all my groups and friends in one place. I will always be grateful to uks though for getting me started scrapping and finding my lovely teamies, who have turned into very good friends.

Good luck for the future, whatever way it goes, and especially all the best for your health.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So sorry to hear about your health problems MaryAnne and a huge thank you for all the work you’ve done over the years, it truly is appreciated. You must do whatever is best for you, that is the most important thing. Take care of yourself. X

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    I am so sorry to hear you have had such a dreadful year, MaryAnne, and hope things improve for you and 2018 is a better year. All the work and dedication you have given this forum really is appreciated and I would miss it if UKScrappers was not here. I, like many others, found UKScrappers when I was going through a tough time and it holds a very special place in my heart. I don't post much, but I visit every day and spend many an hour just browsing around. There are some lovely people here and as I said, I would really miss it, FB is just not the same. I would be happy to pay a donation, membership or whatever to help keep it going. Ultimately you have to put your health first and look after yourself and we all understand that. Take care. xxx
    Kim

Christmas Stocking Swap 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    My goodness, what a dreadful year MaryAnn, and seemingly a long road of recovery which I pray will be shorter than anticipated! Sending you lots of hugs xxx Of course, your health and family must come first. There is no doubt about that!
    I will miss UKS if it has to close, I have many friends here but I also understand that it requires a lot of man hours and energy to keep it going as well as money. If you needed help, whether organisation or otherwise, please feel free to call out for it.
    I agree with those who have suggested that they would pay a membership fee. If that keeps UKS going, I would not mind that either!

Whatever you decide, my thoughts and prayers are with you! Take good care of yourself xxxxxxx
    Mags
    Scrap Happens
    Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Mary Anne, what an awful time you’ve had, I do hope you are finally on the road to recovery. As everyone has said, your health and family must come first . Thinking of you xx
    I love UKS, I’ve got to know so many people here who I consider to be friends now, I feel so much at home here on the forum, can’t be doing with Facebook.
    I would be very sad to see UKS go. I can’t offer much in the way of practical support but as others have said I’m more than happy to pay a subscription to keep it going.
    Whatever happens I want to wish you all the very best and hope you are feeling much better soon, take care xx
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I feel for you Mary Ann because you trust that your doctors know what they are talking about.

As far as UKS is concerned I really hope that there is a way that we can make it work as a UK scrapbooking community. I do use the sponsors advertised on the site and would be happy to pay a subscription / donation for the upkeep of the site. The support found here is brilliant and I have loved the challenges, even though there have been times when I've done very little actual making. This year I have completed a lot more LOs than previously, thanks to the encouragement found here.

Take care Mary Ann

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am very sorry to hear about your health issues MaryAnne, it sounds extremely difficult. Thank you for everything you have done for UKS over the years. I learned how to scrap here, how to use the internet in lots of ways and found some very dear friends through my team. I have very fond memories of the cybercrops and challenges. I would be very sad to see it go even though I don't use it as much as I used to. I hope a resolution can be found for the costs and Karen and Sue will be great leaders.

Best wishes.
    Jen - BIJOUX BELLE
    Scribbles & Sticking Blog

View Gallery

" If you have shopping to do, and can do so at a sponsor shop, let them know you appreciate their support for UKS and that is why you shopped there! "
    Noticed the free postage at papermaze so popped a little note on my order

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Claire that is a key idea ... well done
    Sponsors need to know it is worth it

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly View Post
    Claire that is a key idea ... well done
    Sponsors need to know it is worth it
    It was what MaryAnn suggested in her post so plucked up the courage and did it when I ordered

View Gallery

MaryAnne, I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. I really hope 2018 proves to be a much better year for you. I would like to echo what all the other members have said regarding all the hard work you have put into keeping UKS going. I would be very sad if it had to close it's doors - I have found a lot of friends on here and we chat every day, I would be more than willing to contribute financially to keep it going, but will support your final decision. I look on facebook every day but very rarely post anything, I don't think it would be the same if we had to go across to there. Take care, and I hope you soon have some relief from what you've been going through.
    Sheila

View Gallery

So sorry to read about your health issues Mary-Ann I do hope you start to feel better and you get the attention you need. Thank you for all you do as I enjoy the support and friendship on UKS, I would be sorry to see it fold and will do what I can to keep it going but as everyone says you and your family must come first. Sending hugs. Xx