Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Big (gentle) hugs MA!

FB does not mean the same to me as UKS - UKS helped me improve my scrapping, with help, advice, shopping opportunities as well as plenty of fun challenges. I do hope it can keep going with sufficient support - I'd happily pay an annual donation to have a forum for sharing life and layouts with my real and virtual friends. My own scrapping has reduced in the last couple of years with the departure of children, increase in working hours, but I hope there will be grandchildren and retirement on the horizon ... and I certainly hope that the UKS community will still be here for me then!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Sorry to hear about your health MA I hope you feel better and turn the corner soon
    I would be upset not to be able to visit UKS made a lot of friends and love to chat and do challenges when i can if it means we have to subscribe to keep it going wouldnt mind at all

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I just wanted to add MaryAnne that I hope these messages cheer you up knowing how much of what you are doing and have done for many years, means so much to all of us. What you've created here is a very special part of so many lives. How lovely to go on a forum where people are kind and supportive and caring and that's what you've created. So no pressure then! Seriously though, your health and well being comes first.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    So much goodwill here for you MA. You should be so proud of what you have achieved here!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Sounds awful MaryAnne. I hope things improve for you over the coming months.

Don't post much but still like popping in to see what is happening
    Peggie

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    I just wanted to add MaryAnne that I hope these messages cheer you up knowing how much of what you are doing and have done for many years, means so much to all of us. What you've created here is a very special part of so many lives. How lovely to go on a forum where people are kind and supportive and caring and that's what you've created. So no pressure then! Seriously though, your health and well being comes first.
    Thanks for that. You have to thank Bev, too, who really started it all. I just carried on when she couldn't.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    MA you know how I feel really but wanted to post publically.

First and foremost you have had such an awful time and your helath has to come before everything. It is irreplaceable.
    You have worked tirelessly for so many years to make UKS the place it is today and whilst we will all lament its passing if it goes, you are more important than the forum.

UKS has been a very important part of my life for 14 years. It is such a wealth of information, talent and inspiration. It is no understatement to say that it taught me how to scrap and gave me a hobby for life that changed my life. I joined when I was at a very low point in my life and it cave me focus, that I needed so badly. I have made great friends here and it has been such a wonderful place t come and chat and learn and share and laugh. It is one of the reasons why I wanted to try and give something back in helping out with a few things.

I would be so sad if it went. Facebook is just not the same, but I totally understand it is an untenable position for you financially and physically. I think there are a lot of people here who would like to help with membership/donations/subscriptions. I have been part of another forum where we paid an annual sum to help keep it going and it worked well. I don't know if one option is to make it less of a public forum and more of a private members forum. It wouldn't be the same and it would be smaller for sure, but you would have members who were committed to its success and to keeping it going.

I will support whatever final decisicion you come to, whatever that may be, and do everything in my power to either help wind it up, help keep it going, help with new initiatives etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    I can only echo what Dolly has said and let you know I'll continue to do what I can to keep UKS afloat - I don't want to lose it.

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I'm amazed at the strength of character you clearly have to have endured what you have been through MaryAnn! I hope that with time and rest (and the right medication) you can feel somewhat like your old self again and the hopeless romantic and eternal optimist in me also hopes that the drs are wrong and the awful effects you are now suffering are reversible

As for UKS, it's been a part of my scrapping life since I started so you are all like family to me and I would miss it awfully if it went. I hope the sponsorship call goes better than you expect but if we need to make donations to keep it going could we perhaps have an indication of what will be helpful? I hope this doesn't come across as being crass but I think (hope?!) most would agree there's little point in making donations that will have no effect. If we know what we're facing, together we can make a difference

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    MA, I can only echo what so many of your other friends and supporters have already said, you must put your health before all else. You have been such a tower of strength keeping UKS going through difficult times, you are the epitome of a swan - gliding along on the surface whilst paddling madly to stay afloat, I commend you for all that you have done for us. I would hate to see UKS go but will support any decision that you make regarding it's future.
    Member of Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    So sorry to hear how poorly you have been MaryAnne As others have said, your health is the most important thing. Having said that it would be a sad day if the UKS doors do close This site has given so much pleasure to many, me & my girls have had some great times popping on here & interacting with so many lovely people...not to mention the great scrapping times we've had through completing challenges & competitions to the weekend cybercrops (oh how many hours sleep I lost through those, but so worth it!). We've made some great friends along the way

I'd like to say a big thank you to you for the fab site And more thanks go to Sue & Karen for their help too. I'm happy to help in anyway that I can

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    So sorry to hear that you've been so ill MaryAnne. Hope that 2018 sees big improvements in your continued recovery. I would be sad to see UKScrappers go.xxx
    12 Days of Christmas

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time.
    UKS was a great source of information and inspiration when I first started scrapping and it still is where I come for challenges to get my mojo kick-started. It has got BIG and I don't look round it like I used to, I only find out about some things through the team chat.
    FB doesn't work for scrapping, or I'm incompetent there either way it can't replace this.
    I know Cyber crops are a huge amount of work but they have been a highlight of my UKS life.
    Yes I'd pay to belong.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)
    So sorry to hear of your health problems Mary Anne, you need to put yourself first. However I would miss UKS if it goes, facebook is not the same. Over the years I have learnt so much from this site and enjoyed participating in swaps and cybercrops. I too would be willing to pay an annual subscription if it would help.
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Dedicated Scrapper - Tier One Sponsor - scrappylyn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think people sometimes underestimate the amount of time and money that goes into running something like UKS.
    You've done a wonderful job over the years, and it would be a shame to see the site close.

If you are able to get enough help to run it, persume the cost would be the sticking point?
    I would have no idea what something like this costs to run, but is it feasible perhaps to try and work out a suggested donation from each active member?