Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version Update

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad Version Update

I have updated my Designer software to version 4.1.197 and have lost all my designs. I have been able to reload the original designs that came with my Cameo but cannot access any purchased or self designed files. Does anyone know how to restore an earlier version of Studio?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    There is a later stable version of Studio than the one you have here
    https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...houette-studio

But if you prefer to go back to an earlier version
    here is video on how to do a backup and clean uninstall
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIj1aSYEMs&app=desktop

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen. If I update the version I already have, will I be able to find all my files? If not, I'll go back to an older version. Thanks for your help.

View Gallery

I couldn't say about that I've never had that problem because I don't keep my files the library I have them on an external drive and backed up on anther external drive. Even if you revert to an earlier version the may not come back especially your own designs
    Last edited by DJG; 30-09-2017 at 12:08 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Jennie have you checked that the Cloud is working in Studio for you. That is where all your Studio files are other than the ones that came with your Cameo.

All your files bought from The Store can be recovered and downloaded again. Go to your account in The Store and the instructions are there.

There is a setting in Studio V4 to backup your files from The Store to your computer.

View Gallery

Neries, unfortunately I cannot sign in to the Cloud on my laptop. It's fine on my PC and most of my deigns are there, but i use the laptop a lot and it's most annoying that I can't sign in. It just says "authenticating" but doesn't do it! I'm in touch with Silhouette regarding this so hopefully we'll be able to sort it out.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jenniec View Post
    Neries, unfortunately I cannot sign in to the Cloud on my laptop. It's fine on my PC and most of my deigns are there, but i use the laptop a lot and it's most annoying that I can't sign in. It just says "authenticating" but doesn't do it! I'm in touch with Silhouette regarding this so hopefully we'll be able to sort it out.
    How strange that you can't sign in I hope you can get it sorted

View Gallery

'
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniec View Post
    Jennie not sure if this would work but go to file and update library. A box opens on updating your library, see attachment.

There was a setting in the last V3 to export your library to your computer to save it. I have done this but I can't find it in V4 which I am having trouble getting my head around as things are in different places. If you could find this in Studio, save to your computer, put it on a stick to load onto your laptop and import into your library.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Neries; 30-09-2017 at 06:10 PM.

View Gallery

Margaret in version 4 to back up the library you open the library right click local user and click export local user

Screenshot_1.jpg

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Margaret in version 4 to back up the library you open the library right click local user and click export local user

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Thanks Doreen, but that only exports 'local user' files which are my Cameo 1 & 3 files and Curio. All bought files and free files are in the Cloud.

View Gallery

If they're in the cloud you shouldn't lose them Margaret. The very few I've bought I save on my external drive but you can move them to the local user library to back them up. I only keep the free files that come with the various machines in the library because if anything happens to my pc or I have to replace it I can get them back by reinstalling the software and plugging the machine/s in

View Gallery

Haven't heard anything from Silhouette yet, but still hoping they can sort me out. I can't use the Update Library option until I can sign in to the cloud. Thanks everyone for trying to help me.

View Gallery

If you're in the UK give Graphtec a ring Brian might be able to help you this is their number 01978 666700

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, i'll try that tomorrow as I've not had any response from America.

View Gallery

Any luck Jennie?