Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chocolate - here today... gone today! mmmbisto's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

December Daily 2017

Is anyone else starting to think about what they will do for December Daily this year? I was quite tempted after seeing Ali's sales poists for the various kits etc.

I'm toying with the idea of either a 6 x 8, 6 x 4 or 4 x 4 album... Really not sure lol! But thinking I like Cathy Zielske's previous simple takes on the project so at least I have an idea of style lol!

Blog | Site | Twitter | Insta | YouTube | Twitch

DylanOct 2013

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I cannot make my mind u p either, I am wondering whether to use a 6 by 8 album I Already have and just fill it as I go,so maybe only one photo and card per day and a layout should I have good enough photos. I need to go look at Cathys ideas. I have plenty of stash so can do it without buying anything

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I shall use a 6x8 PL style album. As I’ve struggled to complete the last two years I’m not going to number the days this year, just going to record the lead up to Christmas, and if a day is missed it won’t matter.
    Haven’t seen Cathy’s take on it so will have to go look !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chocolate - here today... gone today! mmmbisto's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Here's the link to see Cathy's projects:
    http://www.cathyzielske.com/?s=Decem...&submit=Search

Blog | Site | Twitter | Insta | YouTube | Twitch

DylanOct 2013

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks for that. Those are lovely simple pages aren’t they.
    I really need to make some progress with my 2015 and 2016 books before this December comes around !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I like Cathy's take on it, I have a Becky Higgins smaller album with the pages pockets taking 2 3x4 and 2 6 x4 cards per side.So will use that and go right into new year with it. I like how Cathy uses the numbers on patterned card so will do that plus a journal spot and two photos.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    Thank you for sharing. I love the idea of the December daily and have had a go in the past and not completed it. I may have a go at this, might be easier to complete. x
    Kim

Christmas Stocking Swap 2022

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I follow the prompts from Shimelle for her Christmas journal. Can't believe this is going to be my 10th year , love looking back on my old journals as my children were 15, 12 and 9 when I started and all are adults now. My journals hold so many great memories for me.

Examples on my blog, click on labels at the side to find them... (funny to see how much my style has changed too)
    I'm going with 6x8 again, a mix of full pages and pocket pages.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Hey Anne, Shimelles Journal Your Christmas will be my 10th one too. I loosely follow her prompts interlinking it with what we are up to. My two were 6months and 3 when I did the first one in 2008, so they are now 9 and almost 13 and I have seen loads of changes and I love it!
    I have experimented with styles and sizes, but the last few years 6x8 has worked the best with full sized Andy pocket pages depending on what’s happening. I very easily overfill each album and it usually has to have an elastic band or ribbon around it to keep it together!! And I do manage to complete each one, even if it’s nearly Easter!!
    Sharon
    Addicted to stash!!

THE ALLSORTS
    Green Buttons House...

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    One of the things I love about the Christmas journals is that encourage me to try out new experiences during December and these end up in the books. I also loosely follow the prompts, there are some I always do (my tree, cards, wrapping etc) others, I mainly include what I have been doing at that time. As I am a teacher, December is a busy time in school, so there is always something interesting going on I can include.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

I have changed my mind yet again about how I am going to do this.
    I have been watching Dearly Dee on you tube she did a December travellers notebook and really like the look of it.
    I have got an 8 by 8 scrapbook album, I have folded the insert papers in half and will do that style. If I want to I can do a traditional style page on days when I have lots to scrapbook. All I need now is to look out my spare inserts and put them in.
    Last edited by Claire59; 11-11-2017 at 12:32 PM.

View Gallery

These are the supplies will be using

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Those colours are really nice Claire, I like the snap cards. I have so far bought Simple Stories Very Merry PL cards and sticker sheets. I am awaiting the Christmas Quirky kit from Crafty Templates and Shimelles Christmas kit this year, so I could end up with a complete mixture of stuff, which I am fine with. My base pages are kraft and my numbers each day are the same so I have some continuity throughout the album.

Here’s my front cover and numbers

Sharon
    Addicted to stash!!

THE ALLSORTS
    Green Buttons House...

View Gallery

I like your front cover Sharon,
    I had a go at the Christmas countdown day 14 so this is my front cover

View Gallery

Sharon gave me the idea of a cluster for the numbers, and as I hate my handwriting but need journaling as its important I devised a pocket that will take a tag and i will journal handwritten on the back of it. Here are my first 4 tags.