Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Mozilla Firefox

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Mozilla Firefox

Has anyone had any problem with Firefox? I have been unable to participate or even access several sites (including this one) since 29th July when Firefox did an automatic update. It kept telling me that the sites were insecure and blocked access. Today I've used Safari and searched with Bing and Hey Presto! Access. I've even had to revert to telephone banking instead of online banking, it's been a nightmare and if I wasn't already white haired I certainly would be now. I have wanted to post several times but have been unable to Log In, however I think I've found a way round the issue on here and I'll just have to use Safari for other problem sites. Anyway it's good to be back.
    Shirley.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I use Opera so can't help with the Firefox problem Shirley but glad you got it sorted. Have you done a Google search to see if anyone else has a problem?

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi there. I use Firefox - and I run XP Pro as well because it is perfect for how I use my computer - and no problems apart from a couple of times it says "not responding" for a minute or so - but then that has happened a lot in the past as well.

View Gallery

Thanks for your responses ladies. Now all I need is to get the landline fixed - been giving trouble for years but gave up the ghost completely in July - Open Reach been working on it for 2 weeks now but still no dial tone; then find out why my mobile isn't alerting me to messages (messed up by yet another update) and then I'll be back in the modern world. Technology, don't you just love it!
    Shirley.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Shirley, Firefox always challenges me when I try to log into a site that doesn't use the https protocol - and UKS appears to be one of those. It is a perceived security issue. Https is more secure than http. It could be that it might compromise your password etc I believe. I think my firewall and virus software would alert me if there was an issue, so I just log in with caution.

Andi

View Gallery

Hi Andi, I can now over ride the warning at Log In but couldn't do that for over a month, Firefox just wouldn't let me - vacated the site. I don't know what I did to change the situation but having managed to access the site through Safari I checked the Remember Me box (which Firefox deleted) and now all is well again.
    Shirley