Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Lovely cards, tags and pressies ladies. Alison what is the script stamp you have used on the background of your second card? I've been looking for a nice script stamp and that one is gorgeous.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I just love Alison's dies!

Thanks Ellie, I only do a few cards for immediate family members and of course that means the great-nephew/niece, but they tend to be whatever theme they are into at the time.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Sorry, forgot to say thanks to Susie for the lovely die cuts I used on the cards

Scrapmate, the stamp is an old one, just checked it it's a hero arts one - 'H2141 manuscript background' , not sure if you'll still be able to get it. It's been a long time since I last used it !

Elaine, lovely neat gifts. When I first saw the photos I thought you were being super organised getting all those wrapped already !! I love wrapping paper, I often go for the 3 for 2 offers at Next or M&S

Ellie, another lovely Christmas card, you are getting prepared, still need to get in with mine, I have a couple planned, you might recognise the die cuts I use .....
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sorry Alison, I couldn't resist taking the Mickey. It is lovely though to see how other people use the same dies. Card making seems to have ground to a halt for me although I will need to get a card ready for new baby but don't want to make it just yet. I may plan it because the colours are so lovely and finish it nearer the time. Just finished the little matinee coat, only have to sew the button on and press it.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    What a lovely gift it will be Susie.. Well done on getting it finished. When is the baby due?
    I need to get organised for the stocking swap this year as I said yes to that before I knew about DIL ....and also I instigated an advent swap for a retreat I'm going on at the end of October..so I really must make a start! Today I need to get so much done before a I have Miss A again tomorrow. DH will be working so I will be chief entertainment committee!
    I'm hoping to make some Christmas cards today..we'll see?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Ooh, can we see the little coat when it's finished, sounds lovely.
    Elaine, sounds like you've taken on a lot there ! I avoid all those swaps as much as I love them, I know I always regret it and get stressed, I just do a team secret santa.
    I've got a Lego kit arriving today so I can get DS2's advent calendar sorted well in time this year
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Oh lord..you've reminded me I have to find 24 little gifts for Miss As one that I made her two years ago! Gulp!
    Shame she's not into Lego! Great idea!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Alison. I love the delicacy of the script, it's ideal for backgrounds.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

I managed four Xmas cards yesterday. None of them are great! Anyone ever used Flitter Glue and flakes? What a nightmare! I shan't bother again.. such a mess

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've thought about it Elaine, but having seen it demonstrated I came
    to the same conclusion as you... too messy, all those bits flying about!!!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Seriously..really..don't bother..this is the result..I don't think I can use any of them..I was sooo careful but they flakes got stuck everywhere. I'll have to see if I've got any one with poor eyesight to send them too! Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

that will be me them
    The overall effect is good, but as you say, the flakes get everywhere.
    You are supposed to be able to rub them off!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Here's a green card I have made for my youngest Grandson.
    Ellie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RED HEAD; 22-09-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I love those cards Elaine. They have a contemporary, distressed look about them but you're right you don't want to be faffing round with messy stuff that gets everywhere when you have a load of cards to make.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's it, as Scrapmate said, they're distressed Elaine, or at least you were using that stuff. Such a shame because they look really classy but I did burst out laughing when you said you'd send them to people with poor eyesight, hilarious.

That is a stunning card Ellie and so perfect for a boy. Where did you get the big letters from, love that vibrant green.

The baby is due in November and I need one pearl pink button. I bought a white one but it stands out too much. Now I'm working on a blue jacket I stated ages ago. The pattern was dodgy which is why I went to the wonderful Heather I mentioned in John Lewis. The buttonhole row is sorted yet the double moss stitch pattern looks different to all the rest of the double moss stitch. Okay, probably a none knitter wouldn't notice but I can see it, my neighbour can see it but we can't figure out why it is different. It is amazing how often you come across errors or just badly worded patterns. It will be sorted.