Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V 4.1 released

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

V 4.1 released

V4.1 has now been released out of beta so it is fully supported - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software - the release notes are here. I think this is the best version ever and pretty stable too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thought that was immanent Shirley, there have been so many updates to the beta versions in the last few days. Have to admit I have been loving the beta version, I got a great deal a few weeks ago on the Business Edition even though I don't use it for business and am finding some of the improvements brilliant, especially the multiple undo function for some reason!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley I looked this morning but not very close obviously

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Shirley - downloaded and installed but not tried yet!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    Thought that was immanent Shirley, there have been so many updates to the beta versions in the last few days. Have to admit I have been loving the beta version, I got a great deal a few weeks ago on the Business Edition even though I don't use it for business and am finding some of the improvements brilliant, especially the multiple undo function for some reason!
    Yes I love V4 and I have the Business Edition too, I was given it as a thank you for doing the closed beta testing but if I had to buy it I would as some of the extra features are so useful.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Yes I love V4 and I have the Business Edition too, I was given it as a thank you for doing the closed beta testing but if I had to buy it I would as some of the extra features are so useful.
    Lucky you! I didn't think it was going to be worth the extra for a long time, but did it on a whim and love it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am loving the V4.1 but i am finding it a bit unstable at the moment. I am having trouble trying to select items. Every time i try to select an item placed on top of a bigger item to move it or rotate it, it deselects it and selects the bigger item and moves that around instead. My packet size in the settings has gone up to the 1000 do you think if i lower that to the 500 it might stablize it?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I am loving the V4.1 but i am finding it a bit unstable at the moment. I am having trouble trying to select items. Every time i try to select an item placed on top of a bigger item to move it or rotate it, it deselects it and selects the bigger item and moves that around instead. My packet size in the settings has gone up to the 1000 do you think if i lower that to the 500 it might stablize it?
    I don't know if it will help with the problem Helen but if it's selecting the wrong item try sending it to the back, my packet size is always set to 500

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I tried sending to the back Doreen but it did not work. The software was acting very erratic, so i did lower the packet size to 500, that did stablize it a bit better. I will see how it goes hopefully all will be well again as i just upgraded to the business one. Now that i got used to the v4 I am actually really liking it

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I don't know if it will help with the problem Helen but if it's selecting the wrong item try sending it to the back, my packet size is always set to 500

View Gallery

I tried sending to the back Doreen but it did not work. The software was acting very erratic, so i did lower the packet size to 500, that did stablize it a bit better. I will see how it goes hopefully all will be well again as i just upgraded to the business one. Now that i got used to the v4 I am actually really liking it
    I wish you hadn't mentioned the BE Helen I'm dithering over whether to get it or not . Can I ask where you bought it from please as there seems to various prices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I did mine through the silhouette store Doreen. I went from the designer to the business.

I wish you hadn't mentioned the BE Helen I'm dithering over whether to get it or not . Can I ask where you bought it from please as there seems to various prices

View Gallery

I did mine through the silhouette store Doreen. I went from the designer to the business.
    A couple of people suggest a particulate site that gave 10% off so I decided to go for it Helen.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Brilliant I am sure you will love it Doreen there is loads more to do in it. I am having fun exploring and learning how to use the new features

A couple of people suggest a particulate site that gave 10% off so I decided to go for it Helen.

I've only watched a few Youtube video's so far Helen
    Last edited by DJG; 29-08-2017 at 10:52 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I can't get V4.1 to install on my Windows 10 p.c. It stalls two thirds of the way across the bar 'installing prerequisite software'. I will not let me cancel and I have to use the task manager window to stop the installation. I have uninstalled the previous version of V4 and rebooted my p.c. That did not work so deleted and re-downloaded V4.1 and tried again. Still the same.

View Gallery

I am on Windows 10 and haven't had a problem Neries. It might be worth re-downloading the software and starting from scratch in case there was a blip in the download for some reason. If that doesn't work, it might be worth giving Brian a ring at Graphtec, he might be able to suggest something.