Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

sad SVG's wont unzip

Hi ladies and gents, really need some help, my laptop died when windows 10 decided it had enough, got it wiped and put back to windows 7, to

cut a long story short after installing V3.6057 plus design studio, problem is any svg I download won't unzip, read somewhere I might need to

update additional driver, don't want to download any drivers if not needed or is there another way to rectify this? any help would be much

appreciated.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I use Peazip to extract files - it's a free program http://www.peazip.org/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I use Bitser which is also free but you should be able to right click your mouse and choose extract

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ta te ta ladies for your suggestions, going to try peazip first wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know that window explorer not working and that's why can't unzip svgs, hopefully getting sorted early next week, only found out

after downloading peazip which popped up window explorer not working error, many thanks for your help.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cuppydoll View Post
    Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know that window explorer not working and that's why can't unzip svgs, hopefully getting sorted early next week, only found out

after downloading peazip which popped up window explorer not working error, many thanks for your help.
    Can't say I've ever heard of WE stopping you downloading or unzipping you files

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

only me again, just a thought is it because I'm using legacy V3.6057 (1) on my original S/Cameo, every svg I download won't let me open with Silhouette as it

don't show up in programmes, plus every svg shows E in box not the Silhouette icon hope that makes sense, if that is the problem can you suggest which is the

best update to try any help appreciated

View Gallery

The E could be if you're using Explorer as your browser. If you've unzipped your SVG's make sure you still have the DE and try opening them from the FILE option in Studio to see if that works. There are other versions of the software I'm using the Beta version which is still being tested. the versions are here just click the arrow next to where it says legacy versions to see them all.

https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Doreen, ready to throw laptop and cameo out the window tried to check that I DE installed and now JS translation error has come up,don't know what to do to

rectify or get rid of this, tried to find info on line but can't find anything, everything was fine until windows 10 decided to die so got laptop wiped and windows7

put back on now all these problems, really sorry to be a pain but have used my Silhouette for years and never had any problems before.

View Gallery

Hi Doreen, ready to throw laptop and cameo out the window tried to check that I DE installed and now JS translation error has come up,don't know what to do to

rectify or get rid of this, tried to find info on line but can't find anything, everything was fine until windows 10 decided to die so got laptop wiped and windows7

put back on now all these problems, really sorry to be a pain but have used my Silhouette for years and never had any problems before.
    What a pain for you it might be worth doing a clean uninstall of Studio then reinstalling it this is the link to a video Brian gave us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIj1aSYEMs&app=desktop. I haven't seen the video because I haven't had to do it..... yet so I don't know if it's mentioned but I would deactivate the DE licence via the help tab first because you only have 3 times to use it then you will need to contact SA to have it reset, you can reactivate it once you've reinstalled the software by logging into your account and the number is at the bottom of the page

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ta for that didn't know about DE only allowed 3 times will do that now thought it was only library download 3 times without contacting SA wonder if that is what the J S translation means?????

View Gallery

ta for that didn't know about DE only allowed 3 times will do that now thought it was only library download 3 times without contacting SA wonder if that is what the J S translation means?????
    Yes the library is 3 times so is the De

View Gallery

JS is usually a java script error, is this coming up in your Explorer Browser or Studio ? If it's in your browser I would try another browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Edge which is the replacement for Explorer. Also is your version of Explorer up to date ?

View Gallery

Thank you for the JS info Shirley. I don't have it on my pc because it isn't essential

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Thank you for the JS info Shirley. I don't have it on my pc because it isn't essential
    Don't think I have either Doreen