Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you Alison and believe it or not, they aren't the same shape as your die cuts. I tried laying one on top of the other and they didn't match, but I have a plan for the middle sentiment so watch this space.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    It has been quiet here with our star card maker of the month Ellie away
    I had a piece of blue pp with roses on very pretty all ready to make another card but popped it on a scrapbook LO now but will have another piece
    Wonder what the colour for September will be ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've actually managed another card with blue in the background, so I'll get a photo tomorrow and post it. I've made it for my s-i-l's birthday which is this week.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It might not have the right shade of blue in there, but it is blue!

P1050430.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    That's a beautiful card Susie.
    Like the pp and those little butterflies just finish it off.
    Lovely.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Thats very pretty Susie is that the botanical die cut?Very detailed

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Beautiful card Susie. Such a lovely die, and pretty paper behind, SIL will Love it x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies you're very kind. Yes, that's one of the botanical dies and I used a piece of linen card which not only cuts well, but adds a little something to the die, that bit of texture. The background paper is HobbyHouse, and I've scanned it so I can make the insert from it but I'll reduce the opacity so it is only lightly in the background, otherwise you wouldn't be able to read the words. Although, if I fiddle about and set it up correctly I could put a white frame in the centre and type the words on that as they do in shop bought cards. Must do that next because at the moment I am inundated with problems and all other people's, story of my life.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Stunning card Susie. So pretty!
    Well the weather has taken a nosedive so no gardening for me today..so what's a girl to do? No, not make a card (although I should) but sort out all my lovely new die cuts. What a wonderful selection you all sent me. Thank you again so much! I now have them all in individual little clear plastic ziplock bags in a couple of A5 boxes.. occassion sentiments, Christmas dies etc in one and small dies in another..then the larger does I have kept in the card backed envelope and put them in my tote to take to a crop on Saturday. I don't have a plan for them yet but I'll let you know when I do use them. DH is going off on nights in a while and I am hoping to do another cog project and use some of the other pretty dies you sent me Susie after giving them the 'rust' treatment too. If it comes together like it is in my head I shall then enter it in the Kaisercraft blog challenge. Unfortunately I can't use the Man Cave sign I made for my entry because it hasn't been shown on the Merly blog yet..so that's against the DT rules. Did I share that here? I can post it in a thread but I can't put it in the gallery in case the owner of the shop/blog sees it!

View Gallery

love the die with the backing pp sorry for mentioning my donkey troubles too Susie just think of You and DH You do so much for your neighbours I know its nice to help but as I said to someone the other day I going to try treat myself like I treat other people thats my sermon over
    looking forward to seeing your Merly projects when they can be revealed Elaine
    DH went shopping and you know what he came back with glue for me for my lettering I was complaining the pritt stick wasnt right he is so thoughtful !!!!
    Last edited by bramblepie; 30-08-2017 at 07:33 PM.

View Gallery

Here is the sign I made for the DT
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Here's a couple of layouts too
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm always happy to lend an ear Denise, you know that. A trouble shared etc...etc... and it does good to off load sometimes.

Actually Denise, that is the die cut I've sent and I may even have cut one or two in the white linen card stock, or Ellie may have got it, I got very confused at the end, I think we all did, but worth it. Anyway, you know where they are if you need them.

I've kept all my die cuts in their little packets in a separate box, that way I know they are all dies I don't own (whoever thought they'd hear me say that) and I just need time now to sit and craft without it being a rush job. Next card is for my great-niece but it will be a Frozen one again I think, she is still mad about Let It Go. It's not Frozen it is called Let It Go, so sweet.

I'm sure you'll come up with something brilliant Elaine, you e-mailed the Man Cave to me but not sure if you showed it on here. It was fun guessing which of the die cuts were ones I had cut. Very clever the way you made them look like something completely different.

What glue did DH get for you Denise and is it any good? My craft room is like a glue sniffers dream, full of different glues but finding one for the fiddly dies is a pain.

I think Denise that is a wonderful idea, we need to be kinder to ourselves. All the wonderful work you do with the donkeys alone is amazing but sometimes we all do stuff and just take it for granted that it is part of our life, without realising how much we are doing. Like you Elaine, all that rushing about for your mum. Of course you need to do it and want to help because you love her but it is the strain it puts on you. Are things quiet at the moment or shouldn't I ask?

If we can't be kinder to ourselves, then we'll just have to be kinder to each other and I think we've made a great start with the die cuts, what do you reckon!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We crossed whilst I was typing Elaine. I still can't believe any of that is paper, it's amazing. I love the sentiment about 'dads holding our hands' that is just so true.

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (124)
    Bother! I really thought I'd uploaded these .. but just made the deadline!! ....

Frances. My Blog