Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: scan and cut

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

scan and cut

Hi everyone I am looking for some help about the scan and cut, I have been looking at them on Create and Craft for some time and have said I would like the 900 machine they have it on C&C as pick of the week which seems a very good offer, with all the stuff that goes with it.
    What I would like to no is do any of you have one and are you happy with it My husband said he would buy me one as we have just had our Diamond Wedding and I have a birthday in August. I don't sell my cards.
    I do have a Cricut Expression and Grand Calabur and cut and Boss which I hardly ever use I must say I like my Expression. So could any of you tell me if it is as easy as Mel Heaton says it is, Please Help.

Jean.

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I have a Cricut Expression and a Cricut Explore and I have had the ScannCut Special Edition (700) for around 6 weeks and I'm very happy with it. I got it because I wanted to be able to print and cut to full 12x12 size and the Cricut Explore can only print'n'cut approx 6x8 inches. I can print a full a4 or 12x12 page of stickers or embellishments and then scan and cut them easily.

Like the 900, the 700 uses wi-fi and can also scan in the larger 12 x 24 inch mats, which the CM300 can't. I don't do anything with fabric so all the fabric-related extras that come with the CM900 seemed to be a waste of money for me at least. Same for the USBs, I don't use those because I design my own cutting files and send them to the ScannCut from Canvas. If you use Canvas you can also use any of the fonts on your computer for cutting, so the fact that the 900 has 5 or 6 extra fonts built in didn't matter to me.

I spent a long time waiting for the right offer to come along that was just the bare bones machine, mat and blade and got my 700 for £270. To my mind there is little to choose between the 700 and 900 machines (unless you need the embroidery features to link with your sewing machine) but if all the extras that are included with the 900 right now are of value to you it might be a good deal to go for.
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog