Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Me too, probably longer than that and then I wouldn't end up using them!

Lovely card Elaine, I do love those stitched effect dies, who are they made by? How exciting for your friends to have their first grand daughter.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    They are Sizzix.. I bought them through a Stampin Up demonstrator. You get squares, circles..and ovals I think. I'll check tomorrow.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Elaine, I always think they give such a lovely finishing touch to any design.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Yes they are nice I had a right close look I was going to ask did you sew the squares but thought not as it only took 20 minutes in total but knowing you Elaine
    I went food shopping today and called into the stationers they dont get such a thing as airmail paper notepad anymore I expectes no one writes letters I have a friend who I write to as she doesnt really do email good its just the one !!thats all I can say anyway I looked in the crafty corner its only small but spied some pearls just what I wanted and some 12x12 in a cranberry red I want to do a christmas traditions album so that be just right

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

When you are next here Denise, W.H. Smith's still sell airmail paper and envelopes, I buy it for my neighbour who is still a huge letter writer. Can you not order it online from somewhere?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Another card from me. It's simple .
    I'm loving these colours, after I originally thought that I hadn't
    any!!!!
    Ellie
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Thats so pretty Ellie
    I bought an ordinary notepad its not a lot to post an ordinary letter so not too bothered about airmail paper really the lady at the shop said she does order it but it never arrives

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Such a lovely card Ellie and I really love the pearls along the bottom, pretty embossing folder too.

I've given up on the cards I made earlier in the week, I just wasn't happy with them. I do this all the time. In the end I've cheated a reused a design from a while ago. One is in lilac for a birthday and one is in pink for an anniversary so I'll post the pink one even though it doesn't have mint green and even though I've probably posted it somewhere before.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've left the message for the anniversary for the inside, sorry I've used this design before but I've got to get back to sorting through the wedding scrapbook photo's, there's only about 700 so far, but still more coming in!

P1030893.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    It's still beautiful Susie, even if you have used it before.
    Lovely die cut and gorgeous little butterflies.
    You always use such intricate embellishments.
    Really pretty.

How do you sort out over 700 photos!!! Mind blowing !
    I think I have about 6 of my wedding, and they are fuzzy
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Ellie, that die cut is so useful it is a Spellbinders one but, you can understand why I want to get back to the photo's, it is a nightmare. Also, I keep seeing people on the photo's who were taking photo's and they haven't sent them to the bride so there could be other good photo's out there that we haven't even seen yet.

In my defence, I did use a different background paper when I made the pink card last time. Talk about clutching at straws.

View Gallery

Such a pretty card Susie and what a task 700 wedding photos !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Denise and yes it is so easy just to snap away these days so it is a case of sorting the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are lots of lovely photo's but some of them are from phones so they aren't capable of being enlarged without pixellating. Other phones have good size files but not necessarily the photo's you want to use.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Lovely cards ladies. Susie, I still haven't finished with both my sons wedding photos, think we had over 1000 for each ! I need a I get on with my holiday photos but I hate the sorting out of them when there are so many
    I have grabbed some papers to have which are closest to this mess onthes colours, think I have gone more aqua than mint but here's a card I made for DIL ...

IMG_9217.JPG
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That is a very pretty card Alison, I love all the butterflies so beautifully placed too.

Each day now I am hearing of more and more photo's which we haven't seen yet of this wedding. I want to wait until I have them all just in case I miss a fantastic photo and can't find a place to slot it in later. Still, I have more cards to make and I want to start knitting a baby matinee coat, so plenty of other things to get on with and I can still sort other wedding LO's out. This is definitely going to be a couple of scrapbooks the way it is going. I hope I don't hit the 1000 mark though.