Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Okay, I've had a good nosey at your card Ellie and I can't figure out if the bottom leaves and butterflies are part of the paper or stuck on, it has a very 3D effect - do tell, it is just lovely.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    gorgeous Ellie so pretty

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you ladies.

Susie the very green leaves and the small pink flowers , were part of the pp.
    It's just a scrap of pp that I cut from something. I can't even remember where!!
    Then I embossed round the edges with my fern embossing folder, and then I
    painted over the ferns.
    The white tag was in the High Tea pad that I bought , when Elaine enabled me
    I just stuck it to the pink paper and cut round it. Then put 3 flowers together and added pearls.
    I just wish I had remembered to cut the little snags off the white tag before I
    stuck it down!!!!!
    Ellie

View Gallery

I just popped back to have another look at your card Ellie I love the fern embossing and the multi coloured flower goes with all the colours no one would the snags I thought you said I wish I hadnt cut them off I didnt notice theres so much else to look at so pretty

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I agree with Denise completely... there is so much prettiness to look at on that card that I would never have noticed the little snags if you hadn't pointed them out. It doesn't detract from the card in any way and that bottom piece of paper looks so 3Dish, it's amazing.

I'm struggling with a 7 year old girl's birthday card at the moment. Better make it pink though hadn't I.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you ladies, you are too kind.

If she's a girly girl you could always put fairies, or something cute on it Susie.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Love your card Denise, love that old basic grey paper I have some bits of that set still. I have a similar birdie stamp too, very cute.
    Ellie your card looks so tropical, love the colours and soooo much detail - beautiful.

Maybe we need a little die cut swap to stop all this enabling ?!
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Susie, anything pink and pretty should be good for a little girl, maybe a touch of sparkle too
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, funny you should mention sparkly Alison, because I found these Martha Stewart borders and although I'm not sure it will work for a 7 year old, it will make for a pretty pink card for someone - we'll see.

I'm always up for a die cut swap and always happy to cut things if anyone needs them.

View Gallery

Pink and fairies always go so nicely together
    I had the Basic grey so long and not wanted to use it my favourite silly me
    I would like to join in too a die swap.though post from here to UK is very good it does take forever from you to me
    Maybe we could do a Christmas die swap ?
    Has anyone started making Christmas cards yet?
    Or is it a swear word ?
    Last edited by bramblepie; 16-07-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, it's a swear word to me Denise!

I only really do family and close friend Christmas cards. I need to see if the charity cards are going to be required this year but apart from that, I am being asked for scrapbooks so that's going to take up some time.

View Gallery

Haha ! I've made a couple of Christmas cards, but not as many as I'd hoped. I have a stampin up card kit, some will fit in with this months colours so I'm going to try and make them.
    Scrapbook's for gifts is very time consuming, good luck Susie. I want to do some home made gifts, currently trying to get an album together for DH's 60th in August.
    Anyone else fancy a die cut swap ? I could request permission to go ahead and advertise it in the swaps thread x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well done on the Christmas cards Alison. You're right about making scrapbooks for gifts being time consuming, especially if it's an event of some kind. Not so bad when you see a photo and decide to scrap it but knowing you might have to make 50 pages for one book is time consuming and the worst part, I think, is organising the photo's first. I am still trying to get the rest of the photo's for my niece's album and she hasn't even seen these and it is two years since she was married.

I've just bought some Footlight dies after the ones you found at B&M Mary. I haven't used mine yet but since it looks as though I am going to be doing lots of kiddies LO's at some point and cards too, I thought they were a good investment. Mary, I was going to ask if would like me to cut some for you, as I know you like them and anyone else if they are needed.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've made a card but not sure if it is a bit old for a 7 year old, then again, at times she sounds 7 going on 17! I might have to add in some more bling. I thought it might be too much but now it looks as though it needs the extra rhinestones but perhaps 2mm ones instead. Girls can't have too much bling can they! Hope this is the right pink at least.

P1030989.jpg

View Gallery

Such a pretty card Susie
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022