Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Pretty pink card Alison.

View Gallery

What does a die cut swap entail?
    Does it mean actually swapping dies, or just cutting dies and then sending them?
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Love the all the pink pretty pretty card
    For the die swap you cut out shapes of a die you have one for everyone in the swap then you get back an assortment of diferent shapes die cuts not the actual dies just the cut outs
    Would this pp be ok for this months challenge /?

View Gallery

Thanks for that Denise. I would be up for a swap as well.

Lovely pp, I think it's very suitable. It's got pink and green in it.
    Go for it.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That is such a pretty paper Denise, it is just perfect.

One thing I don't understand (amongst many) do you just get random die cuts. I'm thinking it's not much use if you get die cuts that you already own or am I being a bit dense? I would love to do a swap where someone really wanted a die but didn't want to pay out so I would be saving them money, or is that what this is about?

So for instance, I have some lovely sentiment dies and if someone said they could do with die cuts say in white, pale pink or silver, whatever I'd be more than happy to cut and send them.

View Gallery

I wondered that too Susie.
    You would really want something that you haven't got, but how would we know,
    what dies people could cut!! Or would it be random?
    Perhaps Alison will tell us
    Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Ellie, I'm glad it's not just me that doesn't quite understand how it works.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Normally people would say what they were able to cut for one another beforehand in the thread..to make sure we don't double up.. There's no point in getting two die cuts the same from two different people in the swap...or receiving die cuts from a die you already own..but in your case Susie..how would you know! Lol You seem to have so many that I could never remember which die I already own...lol. Do you catalog them?
    I'm up for a die swap but because I own so very few dies I'm not sure what I'd swap? I suppose I could always cut something on my Cameo..although I'm thinking of selling mine due to underuse!
    Some lovely cards here ladies..Ellie I agree with whoever said it that your card looks very tropical. Than sentiment is ideal! No one will notice the stage. I certainly didn't!
    Very pretty little card for Tilly too Susie..you can never have too much sparkle for a 7 year old!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, thanks Elaine because she's got more sparkle now. I added tiny rhinestones to the alternating flowers so that's done.

I don't catalogue my dies Elaine, I started putting them on magnetic sheets to organise them but found that very confusing because I couldn't remember which make they were. So now I keep them in the original packaging and I have three big draws, one for Tattered Lace one for Tonic and one for Spellbinders and everyone else such as I.O., Sue Wilson etc...

I used to put all my cards in the gallery so that would show some of the dies but now I just post on the thread. What does everyone else do? If cards etc... are in the gallery that would give a rough idea of what people have. Or, if we see a nice die we could just ask if anyone has it.

What do we do about card stock, because the card stock can make a huge difference to how a die looks. Sometimes you might only want something in silver mirri card or perhaps white so you can colour it, how does that work? Oh I'm full of questions today aren't I?

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Yes! Lol
    Normally they are cut in white card..no specific weight. We all know we want to receive something only we would want to receive so we don't tend to supply an inferior card.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Yes the only dies I have are sizzex or sizzlet I am afraid so I wouldnt want anyone to feel they didnt like them IYKWIM
    I did frantically cut whilst crafting with friends last time I was back but to be honest I never cut anything in the right colour so maybe thats where doing just white comes in

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I don't have tons of dies, but I'm sure I could find something. Maybe we could all post pics of two or three options and see which one is most popular. I am sending you all a pm.......
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'd be interested to know which white card you all use. I have a few different kinds, one which is purely for photo's, it is beautiful for printing on to even though it is matte but not very good for using alcohol markers as it absorbs too much ink. Most of the white card I buy is for printing onto but I've never found one I like as much as this but the other white card I have seems better for diecutting. So what brands do you all use please and where do you get your from, is it online?

View Gallery

Susie, I'm sorry I don't know what brand my white card is. I've had it
    a long time, and I think my DD gave it me. I think it's 200gsm, but not sure.
    If I use coloured card, I just use my Bazzill , that I use for my scrapping.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I just want to make sure I have a good card for colouring if any of you want to use die cuts to colour in. I know a lot people who colour do have favourite card or am I making this too complicated.