Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Sillhouette Cameo3

Hi all, I have a few questions about the Cameo3 as I am thinking of upgrading from Cameo2, is there a stippling tool for the Cameo3 or do you just use a pen? I would like to try stippling on acetate but would have liked to have used a stippling tool, I am looking in to buying one soon and wondered where the best place and price was, I have looked on C n C but it is showing sold out at the moment, also on a group I am in someone said they are bringing out new Cameo3's in different colours has anyone else heard this as I haven't heard of it? and just wondered if maybe the white one will come down in price, thanks

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think it was announced at the recent Silhouette summit that there is going to be a totally black Cameo and also one with a pink lid (in partnership with Breast Cancer Foundation) - no idea when they will be availble though. Re the stippling I think you would only be able to use a pen with the Cameo as it doesn't have the same downward force and clearance as the Curio which the stippling tool is intended for.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I think it was announced at the recent Silhouette summit that there is going to be a totally black Cameo and also one with a pink lid (in partnership with Breast Cancer Foundation) - no idea when they will be availble though. Re the stippling I think you would only be able to use a pen with the Cameo as it doesn't have the same downward force and clearance as the Curio which the stippling tool is intended for.
    Thanks Shirley yes I have the stippling tool for my Curio but dont like the mats on the curio too much faffing with them its a lot easier using the Cameo, regarding the Cameo3 its something I was looking into as I love my Cameo2 and like a lot of the new features the Cameo3 has so I will keep looking for a good deal

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I really love my Cameo 3 and apart from the Bluetooth being a bit hit and miss ar first it has been trouble free but some people seem to have had problems with the autoblade. I agree about the Curio, haven't used mine for ages, must get back to it !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have got the hang of the autoblade now and use it for preference.I don't know why it caused me such problems before. Perhaps I have got better at selecting the correct material.