Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Stippling

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Stippling

Have we only got the Stipple affect in the Curio? I have a Curio but I thought we could also use it with the Cameo but I must be mistaken

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Stella yes you can stipple with the Cameo. See this thread http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...=1#post6681863

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Lisa AKA Craft Fairy has confirmed it can be done with the Cameo 3.

View Gallery

Thankyou Neries and Doreen, I have the Curio and Cameo2 and thought I had seen it somewhere, I have to have the Curio plugged in to use the stipple feature as its just grey otherwise but I will try it with Cameo plugged in later and see what happens!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Thankyou Neries and Doreen, I have the Curio and Cameo2 and thought I had seen it somewhere, I have to have the Curio plugged in to use the stipple feature as its just grey otherwise but I will try it with Cameo plugged in later and see what happens!
    Stella you do need the Cameo plugged in and on to use the stippling features in Studio.

View Gallery

Mine still doesnt light up with cameo plugged in only curio its still grey I have still got version 3 on maybe thats why ss I havnt updated to version 4 yet, I have the designer edition and am thinking about updating to Business edition for the pes files etc but I havnt decided yet as I havent heard much about it and if its worth it ��

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I believe an upgrade to Designer Edition Plus will let you open pes files. I have Business Edition and I find it useful as it gives you the ability to cut with two machines at the same time. It also has auto weeding lines, advanced nesting, tiling and you can aslo open Adobe Illustrator files which is useul to me as I use Illustrator for designing. Also when 4.1 is released BE will have the option to save in svg and pdf format. Maybe worth waiting until 4.1 is released to see if the svg function will be extended to other versions if it is a feature that interests you.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I believe an upgrade to Designer Edition Plus will let you open pes files. I have Business Edition and I find it useful as it gives you the ability to cut with two machines at the same time. It also has auto weeding lines, advanced nesting, tiling and you can aslo open Adobe Illustrator files which is useul to me as I use Illustrator for designing. Also when 4.1 is released BE will have the option to save in svg and pdf format. Maybe worth waiting until 4.1 is released to see if the svg function will be extended to other versions if it is a feature that interests you.
    Thank's Shirley Anne yes I think it will be worth me upgrading to Business Edition when I'm ready, I'm still using 3.6 yet as I haven't done the upgrade but I'm going to upgrade to latest version soon, I always get a bit scared when new upgrades come out as I here people having problems and it does tend to put me off a bit but I always have my Library backed up on two different external hard drives aswell as most of my work as a "just in case"!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Shirley can you explain Auto weeding lines for me? It sounds interesting.

View Gallery

Just a quick update ... tonight I have updated studio to the latest version with no problems at all and it is running fine and I have had a play with the stipple function and did not have to have my machines plugged in, I haven't tried to see if they stipple or not on my machines but haven't had a problem using the tool

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Shirley can you explain Auto weeding lines for me? It sounds interesting.
    If you check out this link Helen it will probably explain it better than I can !! It's an useful feature feature if you use vinyl a lot - http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/20...siness-edition

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Shirley i have bookmarked the page so i can have a good read of it later

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    If you check out this link Helen it will probably explain it better than I can !! It's an useful feature feature if you use vinyl a lot - http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/20...siness-edition