Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silhouette 3.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette 3.

How are you all getting on with Solhouette3? Can you tell me about it please and the things you have made. Are you enjoying it? Which machine did you have before? Why did you upgrade?

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I absolutely love my Cameo 3, I upgraded from the original Cameo. I really like the autoblade although I know some people have had problems. I also like the fact that you have the dual carriage so you can use two tools and if I want to use it with my laptop then I can use Bluetooth although there again people have had problems connecting - I guess I have been lucky as I haven't had any problems apart from trying to connect to my PC using a Bluetooth dongle and that just wouldn't work but the problem seemed to be with the drivers for the dongle as it kept coming up with an installation error, so with the PC I connect via USB. You can also use the deep cut blade so I have cut lots of different stuff, card, vinyl, fun foam etc.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I love my Cameo 3 too especially the auto blade and the dual carriage. I also upgraded from the original Cameo and no regrets.

The only problem I had with the auto blade was even after cleaning some card debris did stop it auto changing blade settings. I sent it to Graphtec and Brian found when he dismantled it there was some card debris caused the problem and the blade has a small chip in it. Using it for plain and simple cutting now.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am loving the new cameo 3. I used to have cameo 2 but I swapped to the cricut as the noise on the cameo was getting to much for me but I soon found out you can't beat the software that comes with the cameo and the fact that you don't have to rely on an internet connection all the time. So far I have had no problems apart from the fact that if I connect via Bluetooth it sends the machine crazy and does alsorts of random things, I am not to worried about that as it works perfect with the USB cable and I don't mind having it plugged in. I am now prepared to put up with the noise because I just love the machine and software. I make cards mainly and I like to design them in studio. The dual carriageway is excellent for me as I use pens a lot. The auto blade has so far been excellent for me, I do have to make a few adjustments sometimes but once you know what settings you need for your card it's pretty straight forward. I also have the pixscan mat I have no problems with that and it's a great tool for when I want to cut out any stamping I have done. The print and cut also works really well for me. Yes it is still noisy but hey hooo I guess you can't have everything. Some cards I made with the new cameo 3.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I am loving the new cameo 3. I used to have cameo 2 but I swapped to the cricut as the noise on the cameo was getting to much for me but I soon found out you can't beat the software that comes with the cameo and the fact that you don't have to rely on an internet connection all the time. So far I have had no problems apart from the fact that if I connect via Bluetooth it sends the machine crazy and does alsorts of random things, I am not to worried about that as it works perfect with the USB cable and I don't mind having it plugged in. I am now prepared to put up with the noise because I just love the machine and software. I make cards mainly and I like to design them in studio. The dual carriageway is excellent for me as I use pens a lot. The auto blade has so far been excellent for me, I do have to make a few adjustments sometimes but once you know what settings you need for your card it's pretty straight forward. I also have the pixscan mat I have no problems with that and it's a great tool for when I want to cut out any stamping I have done. The print and cut also works really well for me. Yes it is still noisy but hey hooo I guess you can't have everything. Some cards I made with the new cameo 3.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG
    Lovely cards Helen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Lovely cards Helen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.Cards are beautiful Helen.
    When i google uk scrappers it says it is not secured. What can i do.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.Cards are beautiful Helen.
    When i google uk scrappers it says it is not secured. What can i do.
    No problem for me with UKscrappers Ruth.

View Gallery

There was an issue some time ago but it has been resolved and I don't get any warning messages any more. What browser are you using ?

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

I get the warning on both Firefox and Opera, but not on MS Edge. There may still be an issue somewhere that some browsers aren't happy with. All my browsers are up to date, as is my virus software and firewall. I never use IE but I'm guessing it would be fine as it is a MS product.

Andi

View Gallery

I believe I read IE is no longer supported so probably not a good idea to use it I haven't used it for years

View Gallery

I am using the latest Firefox but don't get a warning - what exactly does it say ?

View Gallery

I've never had a warning. Using Firefox on a Mac.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I am using the latest Firefox but don't get a warning - what exactly does it say ?
    I use latest Firefox too Shirley I have used it for a long time as I think its the safest at the moment, I get the messages too, it's when a site hasn't got .. https/ .. at the front on your browser, it says it is unsafe, it still comes up on mine when I use uk's as there isn't an .. https .. at the begining of it, I didn't know this until a while ago and I looked it up, I still use uk's and haven't had a problem

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I use latest Firefox too Shirley I have used it for a long time as I think its the safest at the moment, I get the messages too, it's when a site hasn't got .. https/ .. at the front on your browser, it says it is unsafe, it still comes up on mine when I use uk's as there isn't an .. https .. at the begining of it, I didn't know this until a while ago and I looked it up, I still use uk's and haven't had a problem
    Thanks Stella, not like last time then when the message was the site had been hacked. I always look for the https when buying anything as I know it means the site is encrypted and secure otherwise I don't worry.