Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Which Version Do I Download?

Hi
    My laptop gave up the ghost so i need to download Studio onto the home PC but which version do I download??? I don't want the new cloud version also where do I find the version I need????

I have Designer addition so how do I get that back???

How do I get my Library back, I did export it to a usb when my laptop was playing up???

Sorry all the questions

Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The versions are here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software do you remember which version you had without the cloud? You should be able to import your library if you can't for some reason you can download your files again you can only download the files 3 times without contacting SA. Your DE code will be at the bottom of your account when you log in if you've already used that three times you will need to contact SA to reset it

View Gallery

Hi
    Thanks for the info, don't know which version I was running. It was updated last year but I didn't update to the cloud one as people said to wait so have you any idea which version I need? Laptop won't boot up so i have no way of finding out

View Gallery

I'm using version 4 with the cloud although I also used version 3 with the cloud I'm not sure if any of those versions allow you to not use the cloud because I can't remember when it was added. You could try the oldest of version 3

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think the last non-cloud version was 3.6.57, which is the one I have continued to use.

I am now thinking of trying V4 as it is out of beta, but I think I would like to keep both 3.6.57 and 4 operational together if it is possible, so may have to check with Graphtec on that one. There were instructions, many moons ago, about keeping two versions but I would like to check that it is still possible, given that 4 is so different, before I tie my computer in knots.

Andi

View Gallery

Hi
    Tried to import my exported library but it didn't work. I managed to import one a backup a year before.

It doesn't seem to know have a Designer Edition, how can I check this?

Thanks
    Nic

View Gallery

Nic in Studio go to the Silhouette Store. Sign in, click on your name (top right) and in the drop down list click on 'my account'. Click on Silhouette Studio Keys and it should be the code.

Mine matches the number on the activation card I still have for Designer Edition.
    Last edited by Neries; 05-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Nic in Studio go to the Silhouette Store. Sign in, click on your name (top right) and in the drop down list click on 'my account'. It should be in there somewhere. I found it there when I downloaded V4 onto my lap top. It is not showing on my p.c. probably because it is already installed.
    Yes that's what I said too Margaret

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bikercat View Post
    Hi
    Tried to import my exported library but it didn't work. I managed to import one a backup a year before.

It doesn't seem to know have a Designer Edition, how can I check this?

Thanks
    Nic
    You can probably download them again as I said in my previous post but if you've managed to import and older export you might find you have duplicates

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Yes that's what I said too Margaret
    I edited my post as I found out exactly where the key code for Designer Edition is.

View Gallery

Hi
    Thanks for all your help, sorry I misunderstood what you were meaning, I have had a migraine for 2 days now so not fully with it lol

I did find the code but I thought you meant it would recognise it, I didn't realise I was to put in the code again and reactivate.

Fingers crossed all sorted now x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bikercat View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for all your help, sorry I misunderstood what you were meaning, I have had a migraine for 2 days now so not fully with it lol

I did find the code but I thought you meant it would recognise it, I didn't realise I was to put in the code again and reactivate.

Fingers crossed all sorted now x
    No problem sometimes what I write makes sense to me but isn't always clear when read by someone else I hope your migraine is soon gone and I hope you manage to sort the files and your DE if not come back we'll try to help you with the problem

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I did not like the cloud at first but i have now found it to be very useful cause it stores all your files for you so you have no need to transfer them back in if for some reason you need to uninstall and reinstall studio. They are all just saved there online for you. I do still back up though just incase cloud goes down or becomes corrupt in anyway

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I did not like the cloud at first but i have now found it to be very useful cause it stores all your files for you so you have no need to transfer them back in if for some reason you need to uninstall and reinstall studio. They are all just saved there online for you. I do still back up though just incase cloud goes down or becomes corrupt in anyway
    I like it too but my files are stored externally on a usb stick and backed up on another drive. They're saved as Studio files not the one big file that Studio backs up as

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I like it too but my files are stored externally on a usb stick and backed up on another drive. They're saved as Studio files not the one big file that Studio backs up as
    I have it done both ways + externally lol.... not taking any chances since i lost all my files when i went over to the cricut. So glad i came back to the silhouette though, i did not realise quite how much i missed it lol. I have to build up a load of new files now since i have no idea what i did with all the old ones lol