Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I was expecting to see a fabulous exploding box pink yarrow for MIL Elaine but no pressure I am sure you come up with something fabulous

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh I like that Denise, no pressure for Elaine then.

I've been playing around with a card this afternoon but can't concentrate and pink yarrow isn't really the colour for this lady, softer pinks may have to do. Mind you, I couldn't sleep last night and was up at 4am eating cornflakes and watching the election results and shouting at the TV. Because I couldn't sleep I read almost 300 pages of my latest library book, must go over to the book thread too, see you there Denise.

Popping over to see what's going on with the photo's now and then back to this card.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Well... I rose to the challenge Denise! After reading your post how could I resist..I really love a challenge!
    I've made an exploding box with lots of photos of my GD (I have a few spare! Lol) and made out it was from her. I've just finished it..took two hours! Phew.. I'll have to photograph it in the morning as its too dark now.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well done Elaine, looking forward to seeing it.

View Gallery

Well..here it is. Very difficult to photograph but it's definitely got Pink Yarrow in it!
    It's decorated quite simply because I was tired and I wanted to get it finished..lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Beautiful Elaine. You say it's a simple card, it looks complicated to me !
    Lovely decorations, she will love it.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I agree it doesnt look simple Ellie it would have taken me two days not two hours or more like 2 weeks
    Well done Elaine its lovely
    300 pages !!!!see you there Susie
    Looking forward to the card soon Susie IKWYM I try match the card to the person who its for I thought about that when I buy donkey and cat stamps and thought wait a minute I not making a card for myself

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good grief Elaine, that's fabulous and Ellie, it would take me two weeks or two months to make that if at all - I wouldn't even know where to start.

I am the same Denise, so the brightness of the colour doesn't suit her but I'm trying to make a paler background and just a touch of colour to match the prompt.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Lovely card elaine, well worth rising to the challenge. It would have taken me 2 hours to sort the papers and the photos, let alone the time I'd take making it !
    I still haven't done lizzys card, must do it before we go away on Thursday, may have a go now....
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Lol..well that's what comes of not being indecisive. Make a decision and stick with it. To be honest, I said the decoration was simple, not the card! Lol. I used ready made embellies as I was tired and couldn't be bothered but I'm just back from giving it to MIL and she seemed genuinely pleased with it.
    The actual box is very simple. It is two strips of 4" and 3.5" card laid on top of it and then another two strips of the same card laid over the top as a cross shape. It is quite simple really..and there are lots of instructions on You Tube.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Being decisive never works for me Elaine. I choose a paper and I rarely end up using it, in fact, nearly everything I make comes together by accident and the harder I try to make something work the tougher it gets. Goes to show how we all approach crafting in a different way. But you make the box sound so simple, I'll bet it isn't! I'm sure your MIL was delighted with it, how could she not be.

View Gallery

If I stretch the colour theme a bit, this card also fits as it does have a bit of dark pink in it..DH's anniversary card I have made him for Wednesday
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You do these male cards so well Elaine, I love that sentiment at the top. That would make a great scrapbook LO, only needs a photo.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is as close to the prompt colour as I can go for this lady. If I get the chance I may have another go.

P1030720.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Nice card Susie.
    Love the background paper, and the sentiment die.
    Ellie