Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Fabulous Support

A big thank you to Graphtec UK and Brian who responded so quickly this morning to my problem yesterday when the software would not recognise my Cameo 3 was the machine I wanted to use. I had to connect the USB to another port on my laptop. I had just been pulling the lead out of the machine rather than swapping it round.He also explained how to check which version of firmware I had on the Cameo 3 and sent an upgrade link to click on. I was not on the latest version so have now got the latest version and all is fabulous again!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Glad you are all sorted now, Brian is brilliant at sorting out problems.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Couldn't agree more about the customer support. Glad it's sorted now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I agree with Sue and Doreen. Graphtec, Lisa & Brian give us great support.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Would it be Brian that would phone me if I reply to this email I got from Silhouette America about the problem with my Bluetooth? I have not answered them yet as I just have not had the time and my cameo is working fine as long as I have it plugged in via the USB.

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your time and patience. We feel that scheduling a phone call with one of our representatives might be the best way to help resolve this concern. In order to schedule a time for a representative to call, please provide the following:

Local time zone
    Phone number where we might reach you
    The best day to call (please give us at least a 24 hour notice)
    Windows of time
    Please know that resolving your concern does mean a lot to us. Also please know that if you require immediate assistance our call in system is available Monday through Friday during our regular business hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm Mountain Time at (800) 859-8243. Thank you again for your time and patience. We look forward to assisting you further.

View Gallery

Helen no, it would be from America. I had the phone call when I was having problems with my Cameo 3. It took a couple of days after I replied to their email to reply with a time to phone me. The lady was very helpful and with my permission took over my p.c. It is through a secure business web site.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Would it be Brian that would phone me if I reply to this email I got from Silhouette America about the problem with my Bluetooth? I have not answered them yet as I just have not had the time and my cameo is working fine as long as I have it plugged in via the USB.

Hello Helen,

Thank you for your time and patience. We feel that scheduling a phone call with one of our representatives might be the best way to help resolve this concern. In order to schedule a time for a representative to call, please provide the following:

Local time zone
    Phone number where we might reach you
    The best day to call (please give us at least a 24 hour notice)
    Windows of time
    Please know that resolving your concern does mean a lot to us. Also please know that if you require immediate assistance our call in system is available Monday through Friday during our regular business hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm Mountain Time at (800) 859-8243. Thank you again for your time and patience. We look forward to assisting you further.
    Just seen Margaret has replied Helen but if it was me I would ring Graphtec tel 01978 666700 it would probably be quicker

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Just seen Margaret has replied Helen but if it was me I would ring Graphtec tel 01978 666700 it would probably be quicker
    Doreen with the problems I had with my Cameo 3 Brian did make suggestions to try but nothing work so he suggested I sent my Cameo 3 back Graphtec. There is a thread about it a few months ago. Barney was the lady who phoned me and she was really helpful, friendly and nice. My Cameo 3 has worked fine since.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok I will get back to them next week sometime. I have so much going on here at the moment that I just don't have time to sit there fiddling with the PC while on the phone to someone

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Doreen with the problems I had with my Cameo 3 Brian did make suggestions to try but nothing work so he suggested I sent my Cameo 3 back Graphtec. There is a thread about it a few months ago. Barney was the lady who phoned me and she was really helpful, friendly and nice. My Cameo 3 has worked fine since.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I contacted Graphtec and Silhouette US for help. Brian sorted me out yesterday but I have received this email from the US support team this morning

"Thank you for your alerted concern. We are sorry for any frustration encountered. We would like to request you please do the following to clear your Silhouette Studio software preferences. Please note that this procedure will result in the removal of user generated cut settings (blade/thickness/speed settings) and user option selections:

Mac

Close Silhouette Studio®
    Open the Finder
    Press [Cmd]+[Shift]+G
    Type in ~/Library/Preferences
    Press Return
    Delete the Folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio with all its sub-content
    Empty the Trash
    Re-open Silhouette Studio®
    PC

Close Silhouette Studio®
    Press [Windows]+R on your keyboard simultaneously
    The [Windows] key is between [Ctrl] and [Alt]
    In Run window type %appdata%
    Press Enter
    Empty the Recycle Bin
    Re-open the Silhouette Studio software
    Please let us know if you require any further assistance after doing so."
    I don't need to try it now, but it might help someone else.

PinkPig1 aka Claire

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes I had to do all that as well as some other stuff but none of it solved my issues. That's why I need the phone call I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    I contacted Graphtec and Silhouette US for help. Brian sorted me out yesterday but I have received this email from the US support team this morning

"Thank you for your alerted concern. We are sorry for any frustration encountered. We would like to request you please do the following to clear your Silhouette Studio software preferences. Please note that this procedure will result in the removal of user generated cut settings (blade/thickness/speed settings) and user option selections:

Mac

Close Silhouette Studio®
    Open the Finder
    Press [Cmd]+[Shift]+G
    Type in ~/Library/Preferences
    Press Return
    Empty the Trash
    Re-open Silhouette Studio®
    PC

Close Silhouette Studio®
    Press [Windows]+R on your keyboard simultaneously
    The [Windows] key is between [Ctrl] and [Alt]
    In Run window type %appdata%
    Press Enter
    Empty the Recycle Bin
    Re-open the Silhouette Studio software
    Please let us know if you require any further assistance after doing so."
    I don't need to try it now, but it might help someone else.

PinkPig1 aka Claire

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Yes I had to do all that as well as some other stuff but none of it solved my issues. That's why I need the phone call I guess.
    Helen I tried that first but it did not work. I don't know what Barney did but she fixed it. It did take an hour and she went through making sure all was working properly and answering my questions, but well worth it.