Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)

Trying to make a ring with an overlapping ring - help

Trying to make a large 12x12 size ring with an overlapping ring and then weld and cut as one shape.

I have drawn a large circle and offset another and then duplicated this and place it over the top, following some information found on internet I highlighted both shapes and hit modify and then subtract all but as the middle of the circles overlap it removes the wrong bits. I think that before I modify and subtract all I need to remove the centre of the circles but not sure how to do this.

Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Something like the screenshot? Make your circle then offset select both right click your mouse and choose make compound path make a duplicate overlap how you want them and weld them but as the page is only 12 inches wide I'm not sure how you'll fit them side by side

cicle.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you Doreen I was stuck doing the same thing.I am going to have to try and find time to have a proper play around had desingn edition for over a year and still get stuck x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Thank you Doreen - Yes more or less just cross them over even more, in otherwords move them closer together, the effect I am trying to achieve is two or three circles stacked on top of one another but each one slightly off set and then rather than cutting three separate circles and stacking them on the page just have one layer to cut. I'll have a go at this and see what happens. if I can master this then I might try with other shapes as well.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn lou View Post
    Thank you Doreen I was stuck doing the same thing.I am going to have to try and find time to have a proper play around had desingn edition for over a year and still get stuck x
    Glad it helped you Dawn

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
    Thank you Doreen - Yes more or less just cross them over even more, in otherwords move them closer together, the effect I am trying to achieve is two or three circles stacked on top of one another but each one slightly off set and then rather than cutting three separate circles and stacking them on the page just have one layer to cut. I'll have a go at this and see what happens. if I can master this then I might try with other shapes as well.
    You would just need to move them where you want them before welding