Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixscan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Pixscan

Oh dear i am trying to figure out this pixscan. It keeps telling me the resolution is to low.
    I can't seem to get the photos over to my pc via bluetooth and for some reason the pc won't find any photos on the phone, it might be because they are on a memory card, i don't want to keep taking the back off to get the card out so i was posting the photos to my facebook then saving them to my pc to import into the pixscan.
    Is it my phone that's the problem or is it the fact that i am uploading to facebook first? I might need Brian's help with this one.

Capture.JPG

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok so i worked out how to bluetooth the image over but i am getting this message now?

Capture 2.JPG

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok so i thought i would ignore the above message and go ahead and bluetooth my image over anyway. It worked this time with no low resolution message but i now have this problem. The computer is saying registering and the machine is saying job is complete and wants me to upload.

18156900_1669136346437501_7739130192588052610_n.jpg

18194246_1669136309770838_4070164783032135312_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It finally started working but now it is chucking the mat out the back of the machine
    Really getting quite fed up with it lol

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Blimey Helen you're really having problems aren't you. I bought a PixScan mat when they were first released here but I've never used it (shame on me) because I haven't done print and cut since who knows when. I did calibrate my phone when I first got the mat but if I would need to re-calibrate now because I have a new phone. I honestly don't have any suggestions I can offer sorry

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I gave up in the end Doreen. Hopefully Brian might see this and offer some help

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I gave up in the end Doreen. Hopefully Brian might see this and offer some help
    I hope so Helen probably not till Tuesday now though

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh well I can wait I guess lol

View Gallery

Did you do a trace so it has cut lines?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes I did do that but I can never decide if it needs to be on the first one down under the no cut or the second one down under the no cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi_Kent View Post
    Did you do a trace so it has cut lines?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

But I don't understand why the mat comes out the back? It is almost like the machine thinks it has the bigger mat in rather than the pixscan mat.

View Gallery

Have you tried Googling to see if anyone else has had that problem and managed to resolve it Helen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have a computer that doesn't have Bluetooth so upload my phone photos to Dropbox, then download them to the computer Helen. Don't know if that would help with the resolution problem. As for the other problems I am afraid I can't help with them. I did have a problem once the other day with it saying the job was complete when it hadn't done anything, but it only did it once, I resent the job to the Cameo and it worked fine.

It might be worth you phoning Brian if you can't get it sorted over the weekend.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I thought i would have another go at it today. The resolution problem is sorted now as i managed to bluetooth the image over to the pc.
    Today i dropped the packet size down to 500 in the settings it worked just one time but cut the image totally in the wrong place resulting in a cut mat.
    I thought i would try again but it is now back to the registering problem on the pc and job complete on the machine. Give up lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just an update. I have spent the whole day trying to solve my issue and i am very pleased to say for now anyway I seem to have solved the issue.
    I have spent the day going through everything from doing a complete uninstall of the software and doing a completely new install of the latest software (not the beta 4 one)
    To changing all kinds of settings and testing different kinds of ways to cut and create cut lines.
    The answer was very simple in the end BLUETOOTH lol.
    For some strange reason the bluetooth is not working correctly, I now have the machine linked up via the USB and so far (touch wood) I have not had one single issue.
    It is great that i have solved it and now have a machine that is working and i can now love again but not so good that I have a machine that should be wireless but is not.
    Lets just hope it carries on with no more issues