Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)

Die cutting ideas

Hi can anybody help with ideas for Die cut pieces storage.

I like to spend time Stamping and cutting Die cuts for future projects. I'm looking for something to store them in like a folder or box?

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I use CD cases..they are slim and hold more than you think but for larger dies cuts I have bought A5 and A4 rigid plastic boxes that they sell in Hobbycraft

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I use clear CD sleeves - the sort made from transparent flexible plastic with a flap which tucks in at the top. You can get a packet of 100 for £3 or £4. I put the small diecuts inside these and then slip them into the storage folders for the corresponding dies. But I guess you could use a CD storage box to hold all of these small sleeves together.

For larger items, I use transparent popper wallets. You can get some which have punched strips along the edge, so you can put them in a ring binder, but I store mine in a magazine rack and put labels along the top edge.

Sometimes I think I spend more time and thought on my storage systems than actually crafting!

Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I re purpose large Hotel chocolat boxes & put the die cuts in celo bags. I've also got some rigid A4 document boxes which are labeled by colour & some are just for scraps which I keep until I can't get anything more out of them!!!!!

As to storage of the dies & stamps themselves....

I use clear document holders ( the sort with a press stud to close ). I've cut light weight wooden rods ( from £land garden section )to length so that each end protrudes slightly & hang them in a storage box that takes A4 file holders. Each holder is named as to category & the dies are on magnetic paper & each is in a plastic sleeve or celo bag.

I'm going to use the same system for my clear stamps & they will be on a laminating pouch that has been run trough the laminator. Each A4 laminated sheet will be in a plastic sleeve in the document holder.

Apparently one shouldn't keep clear stamps on the plastic sheets they come on from the manufacturers / magazine as it deterioriates over time & damages the stamp. I've often wondered why some of my stamps are so hard to remove from their backing & now I know why
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I have an A5 ring binder with some punched pockets and I slip extra bits in there. That is my secondary storage system. My first one consists of leaving them on my desk for a while so that when I need to make a quick card I have something to grab. Quite often the die cut will get together with a scrap of patterned paper (also on my desk) and I will notice it after a few days and think 'hmm that works quite well together'������.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2