Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Just had this email from Silhouette UK

After a little break from TV shows we are back on Create and Craft TV this week with an amazing Silhouette Mint Bundle for you!
    We have been super busy with shows and exhibitions, which has meant it's been a while since we have done TV shows, so this month we will be doing 2!
    We will be back later this month with some Cameo 3 shows and a look at some of the fantastic new media that has launched since our last shows, but we wanted to tell you about tomorrow, we hope you can join us at 1pm and 6pm for the Silhouette Mint shows

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks Doreen, just can't talk myself in to wanting a Mint but only because I can't see me needing to stamp the same thing over and over but will defintely watch the Cameo 3 show and will probably be tempted by the new media !!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Thanks Doreen, just can't talk myself in to wanting a Mint but only because I can't see me needing to stamp the same thing over and over but will defintely watch the Cameo 3 show and will probably be tempted by the new media !!
    I'm not interested in the Mint either Shirley but like you I will watch or record then watch the Cameo show/s
    Last edited by DJG; 03-05-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I got the Mint when it debuted on Hochanda . I am not a stamper usually because I am hopeless at colouring but use my Mint stamps a lot. The inks are very good. I thought carefully about what I wanted to make that I would use a lot. I made the mistake of putting the year on the one I made for my Christmas Journal in 2015 but last year made use of the tiny little one just for the year date so I could use that for any time I wanted to show what year I had made the page ,card or whatever. I still love the one I made that says it's been made by me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    I got the Mint when it debuted on Hochanda . I am not a stamper usually because I am hopeless at colouring but use my Mint stamps a lot. The inks are very good. I thought carefully about what I wanted to make that I would use a lot. I made the mistake of putting the year on the one I made for my Christmas Journal in 2015 but last year made use of the tiny little one just for the year date so I could use that for any time I wanted to show what year I had made the page ,card or whatever. I still love the one I made that says it's been made by me.
    Thanks for the positive review which tipped the scales for me and a Mint fell into my basket on C&C. The flexi pay helped a lot. I am not much of a stamper either so hopefully I can get more use out of this than ordinary stamps especially as once inked up no messing around inking next time you use the stamps.

I did check Graphtec's web site and the extra kits cost slightly less than C&C and with the crafty club discount from my Robo days has 10% off too. Also putting two kits in a basket was only one p&p of £3.50.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!

View Gallery

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!
    I will and in the meantime I should download the software as just received an email to say it has been despatched. So hopefully receive it by Monday or Tuesday. Although not sure it might take longer.

I ordered an auto blade last Wednesday (free p&p at the time), received the despatched email yesterday and still no sign of it. On the same invoice with C&C a Tattered Lace roll of spider adhesive and it arrived Monday the day after I had the despatched email.

View Gallery

I am a little disappointed that after downloading the software it will not show my library. From the Mint software I can go to the store and my account details are all there but it seems I need to put a Mint serial number in to register it before I see anything.

So not a lot of good until my Mint arrives.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I don't remember that! That will be the freebies? I don't think I have my whole silhouette library in my mint memory.Does it not allow you to add something in from your other software?

View Gallery

I don't remember that! That will be the freebies? I don't think I have my whole silhouette library in my mint memory.Does it not allow you to add something in from your other software?
    I don't have anything suitable for stamps in my saved files. I can bring the shapes up from the left side icon, but that's about all I managed. When I used the top row icons for shapes within seconds they disappeared.

When Lisa demonstrated I am sure she said you could see all your library and her's on the screen looked very full.

I bought a 30mm x 30mm stamp set in clearance from Craft's U Love this morning but at £7.99 p&p free there is no reduction as C&C's is £7.99 and Graphtec's £7.80. They quote the full price at £15.99. I think I will drop them a line and ask.

The idea is to try out the Mint with that stamp kit to make a 'made by' stamp and if I don't get on with the Mint I can return it to C&C but keep that stamp. After ordering it I started to wonder if I had made a mistake as I don't do much in the way of stamping. I have the Silhouette stamping kit bought when it was half price that I have never used.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I might be mistaken ( I am often am!) but I thought she went into her Cameo library, found the file she wanted and exported into her mint software. That's a good idea about making one to keep just in case! I want to have a go with making a photo stamp when I have time.

View Gallery

I might be mistaken ( I am often am!) but I thought she went into her Cameo library, found the file she wanted and exported into her mint software. That's a good idea about making one to keep just in case! I want to have a go with making a photo stamp when I have time.
    You are right, I checked the shows on C&C web site and Lisa did do that in the 1.pm show, which I had not watched. In the 6.pm show (which I had watched and bought the Mint) she said those who had Silhouette cutting machines could import their library into the Mint software. She did not say how to do it.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

If you have V3 I think you can Export the Library from Sil Studio to somewhere on your PC then Import it in to Mint Studio. I don't have a Mint but I'm sure I read something like this some time ago, perhaps a google search will help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    If you have V3 I think you can Export the Library from Sil Studio to somewhere on your PC then Import it in to Mint Studio. I don't have a Mint but I'm sure I read something like this some time ago, perhaps a google search will help.
    The Silhouette School blog has the walk through for how to do this.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie View Post
    The Silhouette School blog has the walk through for how to do this.
    Thanks Diane, I will take a look.