Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

Who to buy a Cameo from?

Total newbie here, I have been saving for a Cameo 3 for some time and I'm getting close to my target

The UK site I've been looking at offers a Winter Deal for £279 (inc vat) and the bundle comes with £79 worth of freebies, although I've been advised that these aren't really worth £79. However I've just been alerted to another company (European) that is selling a similar bundle (minus freebies) for £235.00.

I've made some inquiries and it appears to be an 'international' model which means I'd have to buy an adapter to make it work here. My question is does this ring alarm bells for anyone? Am I better paying the extra and sticking with the UK model? Is there anything I'm missing in my newbie state?

Also, while I'm on the subject, if I buy a PIXScan mat do I need any other software to make it work with the cameo?

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I would only buy from the UK otherwise you would need to send your machine back to whoever you bought it from if it goes wrong plus you wouldn't get Graphtec's (the UK supplier) 2 year warranty. The PixScan mat is for print and cut. The software is Silhouette Studio which you can download free from here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software version 4 is still in the testing stage so if you don't want that I would chose V3.8.206 you don't have to wait to get your machine to download the software

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    As Doreen says, I would only buy from a Graphtec authorised retailer. I am sure Brian will be along a bit later and can point you in the right direction. Graphtec are so helpful if you have any problems and are on the end of the phone if you need any help at all.

I would recommend a Pixscan mat as well. You can either use it with your scanner, or as I do my mobile phone. I just take a photo of the item on the PixScan mat, import it into the silhouette software and it cuts it out for me. You have to calibrate the phone, but only the first time you use it, then it's a very quick process to cut things out.

View Gallery

That makes perfect sense and, if I'm honest, I thought you might say that. I think this is a case of my head trying to rule my heart cos if I bought the cheaper version i can have it this week but the UK one means I have to wait another week or two and that seems to be forever away as I'm so close

I'll be patient a little while longer and in the meantime thanks for the info on the Pixscan mat, I think I'll get one from the famous marketplace before my free trial of Prime membership runs out

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I bought my original Cameo over 5 years ago and last October the Cameo 3 from Create and Craft t.v. which came with a three year gold warranty from Graphtec and some 12x12 card. Lisa demonstrates for Graphtec and if you are a club member on C&C there is 10% off and going through a cash back web site I had another £13.90 back three moths later, although the amount has gone from 5% then to 3% now. It would still give you about £9 back. They also do flexi pay over 4 months with no interest if you use a debit or credit card. Pm me if you want information on cash back and C&C's club.

Brian posted on this thread http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...and-silhouette there would be a show coming up soon and promised to tell us.

View Gallery

Ooh I didn't think about Create and Craft - I like the idea of a 3 year Gold Warranty in particular, I'll take a look

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by daisychain888 View Post
    Ooh I didn't think about Create and Craft - I like the idea of a 3 year Gold Warranty in particular, I'll take a look
    They showed quickly a Cameo 3 on the Mint show which was £299 (£20.99) off but with no extras like the Gold Warranty. The Cameo 3 does come with a 2 year warranty as standard. Reading another thread Graphtec said there will be a Silhouette show soon.

If you have not used top cash back to go to C&C before the discount is 8.08% about £24.

View Gallery

Well, I took the plunge and I ordered one from Create and Craft! It does have the 3 year Gold Warranty and although I had saved the cash I took the option of flexi pay just because I could...which later made me think I could've done that a while ago instead of waiting all this time

I've had the email to say it's been sent from the warehouse so hopefully it should be here some time next week

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Well, I took the plunge and I ordered one from Create and Craft! It does have the 3 year Gold Warranty and although I had saved the cash I took the option of flexi pay just because I could...which later made me think I could've done that a while ago instead of waiting all this time

I've had the email to say it's been sent from the warehouse so hopefully it should be here some time next week
    I bet you can't wait. Why not download the software so you can have a play before it comes.....you can get it here, the top one is still being tested so it might be best to go for version 3 but it's up to you

Sorry forgot to add the link https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software
    Last edited by DJG; 04-05-2017 at 06:08 PM.

View Gallery

Too excited for words lol!

I had no idea I could do that! Thank you Doreen I might just have a play later

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am sure you will have great fun once your machine arrives. Enjoy playing with the software before it comes.

View Gallery

Too excited for words lol!

I had no idea I could do that! Thank you Doreen I might just have a play later
    You're welcome. Enjoy.

View Gallery

Have lots of fun when it arrives and in the meantime as Doreen says play with the software.

It is also worth checking out the Silhouette UK blog for tips on caring for the cutting blade. Also handy to have a spare blade too. Crafts U Love have free p&p until midnight tonight the 4th May. Unfortunately no auto blade in stock but they do have the normal black & blue (fabric) ones in stock.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    So pleased for you - I can't wait until we can all get the update that others are testing for us!

View Gallery

I had a notification yesterday that there was an update 3.8.211. I have 3.8.189 so not sure if I missed it as not used my Cameo for a while or it is new. https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...houette-studio

I am not trying V4 until it is no longer a Beta version.