Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

slowly going insane since october.

I'm hoping some one here can offer me some advice that could potentially save my sanity.
    I have an original cameo and I do love it most of the time, initially i had an ink jet printer but i needed better prints so invested in a laser printer. It doesn't seem to matter what print setting i use, it doesn't cut quite right.

When i print the registration marks from both and compare them the laser seems to ever so slightly elongate the print, but its so minimal i don't feel its the cause of my problems, and shouldn't the cameo understand this and make the cut longer??

I have provided a picture of a laser print and an ink jet print after cutting.

The cut starts off good but progressively gets worse towards the end...... the bottom right,
    I do not use a mat, I never have and the ink jet cuts perfectly without one. The paper goes in nice and straight, and the printer prints it straight also. I have tried changing the order of cutting, it didn't seem to change anything.

If anyone has any suggestions to get this sorted i would really appreciate hearing them, although it looks like not a big deal is enough to make my stickers unsaleable :0(

Faye
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Please note that because of the way the pictures have posted, the worst area ( really bottom right) is in the top right.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I can't say I've ever seen this problem before so can't offer a suggestion maybe a ring to Graphtec with throw some light on it or you. When you say you don't use a mat do you mean when cutting card/paper..... I'm using the original Cameo and I use use a mat for everything I cut even vinyl although a lot only use it for card/paper. This is Graphtec's number if you want to give them a call 01978 666700

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you for you response,

because it is sticker paper i dont use a mat and just kiss cut like i do for vinyl. I know its not a mat issue as i tried with a mat just in case, and anyway, the ink jet cuts virtually perfect without.

Who are Graphtec? i have been talking to silhouette but they have been useless, the last message they sent me was just some copy and paste response about how silhouette brand paper will loose its stickyness in the printer.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by chillipeppa View Post
    Thank you for you response,

because it is sticker paper i dont use a mat and just kiss cut like i do for vinyl. I know its not a mat issue as i tried with a mat just in case, and anyway, the ink jet cuts virtually perfect without.

Who are Graphtec? i have been talking to silhouette but they have been useless, the last message they sent me was just some copy and paste response about how silhouette brand paper will loose its stickyness in the printer.
    I saw you're in the UK that's why I mentioned Graphtec but if you've not heard of them did you not buy your machine in the Uk

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

To be honest, it was so long ago i cant remember where i bought it!

View Gallery

To be honest, it was so long ago i cant remember where i bought it!
    Graphtec are the UK supplier of the the machine's and their customer service is excellent but the can only help if the machine was bought in this country, it's worth giving them a ring to see if Brian their tech man can help you

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Doreen, you seem to be a fountain of knowledge so I'm hoping you an shine light on another problem i have, I have a few files that when i go to print them have some vertical and horizontal lines on them, very very thin white lines, I have tried starting from scratch and but they still appear when printed, though not always in the same place, its not a printer issue as its just certain files that do it and they are there from whatever printer i print from. I have orders to make for customers and they have popped up on the files i need, they were definitely not there when i first made them. Im starting to think technology doesn't like me these days.

View Gallery

That's a new one on me. If you hadn't said it's the same when using different printers I would have said I've only seen streaks in printing when I need a new ink cart. Are the files from ours on here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It definitely not a printer issue, I have uninstalled ss more than once with no change...... the files are from hungry jpeg, i love that site.

View Gallery

It definitely not a printer issue, I have uninstalled ss more than once with no change...... the files are from hungry jpeg, i love that site.
    I have some from there but haven't come across that problem is it all their files or just a particular one....... might be worth contacting them

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It is hungry jpeg stuff..... but most of my images are from there so I can't tell if its an issue with them. someone mentioned to me about finding alternative drivers for my printer but i'm wary of loosing my printer all together.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

It is hungry jpeg stuff..... but most of my images are from there so I can't tell if its an issue with them. someone mentioned to me about finding alternative drivers for my printer but i'm wary of loosing my printer all together.
    Does this only happen when you print them from within Studio ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have put some of the problem files into paint this morning and i couldnt see any sign of them, but the quality is poor. i used a pdf printer and printed them from there and the lines were there. Im getting really stressed, i woke up having panic attacks last night, i need to get this sorted, its how i pay my bills :O(

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Can it be that the files are low resolution as that can cause problems ? Have you tried going in to your ink jet printer settings and changing the print quality to high ?