June week 1

by elainevking

Ed's Easy Diner

by Mary Buttons

ABC Xenophile

by scrapdolly

June19 _ Friday 5 _ 14th - 30th

by new2this

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Cyber Crops > National Scrapbooking Day Mini Cybercrop

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 784 Posts
    Hi ladies. I'm Alison.
    I live in rural Nottinghamshire. Married with 3 children, the boys are both grown up and married,they live close by. DD is still at home with us. We are expecting our second granddaughter in 3 weeks, I also have 3 step grandchildren. I keep chickens and love to be out working in the garden. DD has a horse that I get roped in to help with every now and then too. We run our own business from home but I'm semi retired now and escape whenever I can
    With all that plus our love of travels I always have loads of photos to scrap, I'm waaaaay behind but no worries
    I have been a member of UKs for quite some time now. I love all the challenges and inspiration, it keeps me going.
    Looking forward to a whole day of challenges and classes, glad we have a week to complete them, I'm a slow scrapper too !
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    So, am I the third involved in education? I've been teaching for around 30 years, both secondary (science for 25 years) and for the past 5 years in primary school. Like you Dolly, I'm feeling burnt out-I used to love teaching but find the pressue and the workload awful. At only 53 I can't afford to retire yet, but once the mortgage is paid in a year or so I might go for supply.

As a scrapbooker, I have been making pages since 2004 and joined UKS in 2006. I have been married 27 years and have three 'children'. They were children when I started scrapbooking, my youngest was only 6 when I started, and my girls were 9 and 12, so this has been a wonderful hobby to record our lives together. All of them are into science (OH and I met at uni both studying biology) so we live in a pretty geeky household! Between them, we have an environmentalist, electronic engineer and an astrophysicist. They are now aged 25, 22 and 18.

I am looking forward to trying a good few of the challenges, I do have lots of photos still to scrap and so much stash that I will be pleased to make any kind of dent into it.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 784 Posts
    Funnily enough my origins are teaching ! I was a nursery teacher for a few years, then we moved house and county and had kids and I never got back into it. I used to help out in school when the kids were in primary school, then I didn't feel like going back as things have changed so much, and I gradually got involved with DH's business instead
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 962 Posts
    Well I have no teaching background whatsoever! Lol
    I'm Elaine.. Married, two adult sons, three dogs and one GD. I scrap anyone and anything..and make lots of albums as gifts. Of course I mainly scrap my GD but at the moment I'm working on a wedding album for my niece..but I only have another three or four pages to do then it'll be finished.
    I worked as a manager of an Estate Agents for 23 years until I too took (very) early retirement last year. I now do a bit of book keeping for my Mums three Engineering businesses. It's not too onerous though and doesn't impact on my scrapping.
    I'm a speed Scrapper and love a bit of mixed media, fussy cutting and anything else I can get on a page! I'm a more is more person! I have been scrapping for about 7 years and joined UKS in 2011 but didn't actually get active until about 2013 as I really didn't understand the whole forum thing and how to find anything. Now 4 years on it's an integral part of my life and I'm on here several times a day..I wouldn't like to be without it!!
    I take my turn setting challenges and, with Alison, I am joint house leader of the Green Buttons House and an active member of the Scrap Happy team.
    I've been a bit slow at layouts recently as I have just moved into a house needing lots of work and most of my stash was packed away..and I had a very bad back and trapped nerve which still isnt right ..but now my stash is out again and I'm making up for lost time.
    I'm at a crop on the 6th so will certainly be joining in on the day..can't wait!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 20
    Joint Hse leader

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,198 Posts
    I am Mary (as my user name implies) but my surname isn't Buttons I started scrapping in 2003/4 after my DH died I wanted to record our life together but I only did Digi scrapping then as I love to design.
    I have a Daughter and a Son who are both married with 2 boys each so plenty of scrapping material there. My Son & family live in the same town as me so I see them often, my Daughter and family live way up north in Skipton and I only see them 3 times a year. I also have two Black & white cats who feature often in my pages.
    I joined UKS in 2005 when I joined a scrapbooking club and was told about it. I soon found a team to get involved with, Scrappy Cats, I chose it because of the name thinking that they must all have cats some do some don't now but at the time I think only one or two had cats.
    When I joined UKS it was just before the Harry Potter CC (which I didn't take part in) and in those days it was fast a furious so I only did digi that way I could keep up. Now most of my scrapping is IRL though I still keep my hand in with Digi pages creating my own pps and embellishments
    at the moment I seems to be into fussy cutting quite a bit.

Oh and btw I HAVE TOO MUCH STASH, I'M A SCRAPAHOLIC AND PROLIFIC HOARDER OF ANYTHING THAT I THINK MAY BE USEFUL ON A PAGE
    Last edited by Mary Buttons; 26-04-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

6. The Following Users Like This Post:

CoventryAnn (26-04-2017),elainevking (26-04-2017)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    It's lovely getting to know everyone

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Morning all
    I'm Cris. It's great to hear a bit more information about people.
    I'm hoping to be around at least some of Saturday. I've been married for 23 yrs and have 2 boys aged 15 and 18 and am currently trying to get the youngest to revise for his GCSEs (hard work). I'll be glad when they're over . I work in an office 4 days a week as a Team Leader and am involved with the boys' scout group too. I scrap family and holidays and anything else I fancy really but I am a slow scrapper. I've been a member on UKS since 2004. I've been working on old photos recently from 2005 which has been fun.
    Looking forward to Saturday and 'meeting' more people

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Morning all

I'm Jayne and I joined UKS back in Oct 2005 and have been fairly active on here through most of the time (although I work full time so my idea of active may not be the same as my team mate Elaine's ).

Education seems to be a big theme so far! I work in the Education & Training department for a local NHS Trust and I live in Wolverhampton, West Mids with my OH (who is a College Lecturer) and my DD (TA in a Primary School) who is now almost 19 yrs old; we have two Miniature Schnauzers whom I adore.

I am the lucky owner of my own craft room so i can start projects and leave them while I think things over, which tends to mean I have three or four LOs laid out in a row and I dip in and out until inspiration strikes and I finish one off!

Saturdays are my main day for scrapping, especially when OH is at the rugby and DD is at dance all day - I hope to join in with NSD at least for the early morning sessions but I have booked the following Monday off so that I can catch up

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

10. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (26-04-2017)

View Gallery

Hi Jayne
    I'm Jayne and I joined UKS back in Oct 2005 and have been fairly active on here through most of the time (although I work full time so my idea of active may not be the same as my team mate Elaine's
    Well Elaine is retired and a very speedy scrapper
    My Blog Mary's Musings

12. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (26-04-2017),elainevking (27-04-2017)

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

hello Mary **waves madly** you're so right

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

14. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (27-04-2017)

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 962 Posts
    Lol...thanks girlies! Nice to know your talking about me when my back is turned! Lol
    I can't help it..I'm speedy in life generally and 'indecisiveness' is not in my vocabulary! Make a decision, stick with it and live with the consequences. If it doesn't work out..it's only paper!
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 20
    Joint Hse leader

16. The Following Users Like This Post

daisychain888 (05-05-2017)

View Gallery

We love you honest we do Elaine
    My Blog Mary's Musings

18. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (27-04-2017)

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (123)
    Hi, I'm Frances and I'm a digi scrapper, although I do join IRL swaps sometimes. I was a Radiographer, retired ten years early when our "part time/whole time" list came through as WPE's ?? Turns out that means WHOLE PERSON EQUIVALENT ??? How can you be equivalent to a person? wouldn't you be dead if you weren't? !! Anyway, I've been retired 20 years now, hubby died two years ago, we had no children so there is only me .. no pets, bad back so no gardening but do live in the country with great neighbours. LOVE crafty things, belong to the Secret Swappers team - who I consider to be friends - and am on here several times a day. Looking forward to joining in although I shall have to play catch up when I get back from Mass in the evening.
    Frances. My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    Lol...thanks girlies! Nice to know your talking about me when my back is turned! Lol
    I can't help it..I'm speedy in life generally and 'indecisiveness' is not in my vocabulary! Make a decision, stick with it and live with the consequences. If it doesn't work out..it's only paper!
    Totally get it Elaine ... I am a speedy scrapper too. Not unusual for me to do three or four pages in a day. Nigel says I am a fly ... I buzz round life and do everything at speed ... And he says I have a very short attention span

21. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (29-04-2017)

View Gallery

Hi Frances good to know your real name, I've seen a lot of your pages over the years and like your style.
    My Blog Mary's Musings

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast