Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Firmware Update

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Firmware Update

I thought I ought to do this update as my Cameo 3 is still on V1.13 but it is proving impossible. I downloaded V140 for Mac from the S.A. website but cannot get it to run. There are 3 files in the download, CAMEO3_V140.bin, CAMEO3EXT.bin and Silhouette_Firmware_Update. I click on the latter which seems to be the obvious one, follow the instructions to connect the machine and switch on, click OK but then get an error message telling me to check the connection but there is nothing wrong with the connection as the screen lights up. What's even more annoying is that there is no option to escape from those 2 screens, one has to Quit Application through the top menu bar. I then tried to open the other files with the default Archive utility but although I then get files with the added extension cpgz (I think that was it!) they won't open and I get an Error Code beginning with 31 I think but it disappears before I can write it down. I now have multiple copies of the files which won't open so I guess I'm going to have to Trash the lot and start all over again. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? If anyone can help I shall be very grateful, it may stop me tearing my hair out. And to think, I thought crafting would be relaxing!
    Shirley

View Gallery

Are you making sure you are holding the power button down when you plug the Cameo in? If you don't do this you will get the "check connection" error. You need to hold the power button in and keep it held in, then connect the power lead and keep holding the power button down until the Cameo screen changes colour. If at any point you let go of the power button before the screen changes colour you will get the "check connection" error.

The files CAMEO3_V140.bin and CAMEO3EXT.bin are not meant to be opened, they are the files that get written to the Cameo 3 when it updates. Only the Silhouette_Firmware_Update needs to be opened.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Mission ccomplished, Mea Culpa! Many thanks Brian, I had been doing what you said but hadn't noticed that the Cameo had been disconnected from the Mac when my son tried to install Windows on my Mac (using Bootcamp) and because the Cameo screen lit up every time I assumed that it was connected - as indeed it was - but only to the power supply, not the computer. Sorry to have made such heavy weather of it and thanks again Brian, I sometimes wonder how you keep your patience with people like me!
    Shirley