Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help, Do I need registration marks on sheet vinyl please.

I've returned to using the Cameo after quite a while and can't remember how to do half of the things I did before. Do I have to put registration marks on sheet Vinyl, I've been trying all morning to cut out numbers for our new (many) recycling bins and can't seem to get it to cut. Thank you in advance. Myra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myra View Post
    I've returned to using the Cameo after quite a while and can't remember how to do half of the things I did before. Do I have to put registration marks on sheet Vinyl, I've been trying all morning to cut out numbers for our new (many) recycling bins and can't seem to get it to cut. Thank you in advance. Myra
    Registration marks are only needed for print and cut Myra so unless you need to print the numbers on vinyl (you will need printable vinyl for that) you don't need them

View Gallery

Ah, thank you Doreen, very helpful as ever. I found out how to do it in the end, The thing was, I was using the Cameo on the PC with windows 7, and I couldn't get it to work. I tried it on the laptop with windows 8.1 and it worked fine. I'm wondering if the programme had got corrupted after all this time not being used. Is it possible to download the programme again do you know. I upgraded to the designer edition. Many thanks for your help.

Take care, Myra

View Gallery

Glad you managed it Myra. Yes you can download Studio. The software has had several updates over the past year there is the Cloud version now. Here's a link to the versions available although version 4 is very different and it's a beta version meaning they're still sorting out the bugs so I would go for the latest version 3 here's the link https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software

View Gallery

Hi Doreen, have just downloaded the Version 3 from the link you gave me. All seems to be well, I will now try the Cameo with this version. If it fails I will just have to use it with the laptop. Wish me luck and thank you again for your help. It's a great comfort knowing I can get help with my awful memory. I got a bit stale making cards and have given up for a while. This cutter has always fascinated me and I must get back into doing things with it. Thanks again,
    Myra.

View Gallery

Hi Doreen, have just downloaded the Version 3 from the link you gave me. All seems to be well, I will now try the Cameo with this version. If it fails I will just have to use it with the laptop. Wish me luck and thank you again for your help. It's a great comfort knowing I can get help with my awful memory. I got a bit stale making cards and have given up for a while. This cutter has always fascinated me and I must get back into doing things with it. Thanks again,
    Myra.
    Hi Myra glad to help I'm sure you'll be fine

View Gallery

Hi Doreen,
    Sorry to keep bothering you, I want to upgrade the laptop to the Designer version but can't find the licence number. Is it hidden in the pgramme somewhere do you know. I've searched all the paperwork I can find but to no avail. The programme still doesn't work from Windows 7, which is my main PC, but does work from my old laptop running Vista!
    Thanks Doreen,
    Myra

View Gallery

Hi Doreen,
    Sorry to keep bothering you, I want to upgrade the laptop to the Designer version but can't find the licence number. Is it hidden in the pgramme somewhere do you know. I've searched all the paperwork I can find but to no avail. The programme still doesn't work from Windows 7, which is my main PC, but does work from my old laptop running Vista!
    Thanks Doreen,
    Myra
    Open Studio sign in to your Silhouette account and scroll to the bottom the code should be there Myra

View Gallery

Me again! Where in Studio do I find my account, please. I can't find anywhere to sign in. I think the sun is getting to me
    Myra

View Gallery

Me again! Where in Studio do I find my account, please. I can't find anywhere to sign in. I think the sun is getting to me
    Myra
    Click the Store tab (I'm using version 4 which is a different layout) but if I remember right its to the left of the page and when the page opens it should be at the top to the right I believe Myra
    Last edited by DJG; 07-04-2017 at 02:53 PM.