Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

exporting svg from craft artist 2 professional

so iv been using craftartist for years. i mean longer than my youngest son (who turns 8 next week) has been alive and before that i was using digital scrapbook artist. i have used it for all manners of things and in every way you could possibly use it yet the other day i came into the world of cutting machines and new softwares and thought right there must be a way to incorporate all the designs i have created over the years into the new software ( i am using sure cuts a lot and cricut design space) and i discovered that there is... if you can export via svg ( been expoting via jpg and pdf for years but never knew about svg) so excited i was going to be able to do it i found a tutorial on youtube and went straight to it. only to be hit a brick wall. it says that it cant export usually because the image is too large. so i have spent the last 3 days trying to figure out how to get my own designs to export via svg. i have tried reducing the dpi and all sorts but it just is not working. i came across an old post here but im afraid the answers folk gave went way over my head and it appears that the person who had the same problem was using a whole bunch of different programmes to the ones i am using. i have spent many many hours over the years creating my own images/ designs/ embellishments/ fonts etc and i would really really like to be able to cut them using my new cricut. thanks in advance for any help you can all give me.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have you looked at the Daisy Trail website? I think there is a group on there that might be able to help you.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I don't know if this will solve your problem at all, but I have used this http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg with decent success.

A high contrast image works best, B&W, and SOMETIMES it does leave bits out (why, I haven't figured out) but it's worth a go anyway.

The other issue is the page is intentionally confusing, trying to trick you into clicking a link that pays them.

Avoid the large START DOWNLOAD boxes!

convert.jpg

then

down.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Welcome to the group fiona you don't say which machine you're using. When saving as an SVG from CAP and importing into MTC all I get is an outline the only way I get the actual picture is to save as a PNG and trace it in MTC but if you then export as an SVG and open it it again will have reverted to a outline.

I've just tried MaryAnne's link but it still only imports into MTC as an outline
    Last edited by DJG; 03-04-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Never tried to export as an SVG, would be really interested if it could be done.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppydoll View Post
    Never tried to export as an SVG, would be really interested if it could be done.
    It can be done by exporting as an SVG from CAP to open in Studio but not saved as an SVG from Studio unless you have a really old version of the software.

Fiona wants to use it with Design Space which I know nothing about or MTC which I do have but as I said above it only opens as an outline see below.....the one on the left is the original SVG but when you open it in SCAL you get the one on the right
    Attachment 193874
    Attached Images Attached Images