Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    That is just weird Susie! Glad it got sorted though
    Alison..great OSW..may I 'borrow' that template too?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Very weird Susie !
    Elaine, feel free, I've borrowed it from someone else, I have several saved on Pinterest now
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    That's spooky Susie. Hope it doesn't happen again soon.
    Alison, we are flying up and then we only have 3 more weeks
    We had a rain storm last night, and my friend has the heating on
    this morning!! I'm in a tshirt and she's in. Long sleeved jumper and fleece
    Ellie

View Gallery

Your friend wouldn't like it here at the moment then ! Enjoy your last weeks there
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say that the May prompts will be a little late being posted on Monday. Sorry about that. But I won't be near my PC in the morning.

Hope you all have a lovely BH weekend and if you have crafty plans on the agenda, enjoy your creative time!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Thanks Nat
    All the parties sound great fun those photos
    My big one next year though pm and already gone to pot I was hoping to be in UK for my 60 next year September so could celebrate with my UK lifelong friends but my God daughter announced she getting married July 7th so have to be there for that
    We also had a storm last night not as bad as some places around but electricity went off mid afternoon and didn't come back till after 10

View Gallery

You'll have to have an early party in the uk Denise
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That sounds like a good plan Alison and then you can celebrate for longer Denise.

I had the most awful day yesterday with the party planning. Firstly, I hadn't heard anything from Curry's about my sister's present, they said I'd have to wait a week but I was patient and waited 10 days and when I rang I was told that they hadn't actually put through the order. So panic stations on both sides as it will mean no present for her birthday if it doesn't arrive and of course we have another Bank Holiday on Monday.

Then I rang Matalan as I'd ordered two shirts for hubby, both have gone missing. I've already rung the store to see if they'd come in and no-one had let me know, but no, they've just disappeared.

Then Curry's rang back to say the printer I'd ordered which was on offer and at a fantastic price was no longer being sold. The night before Tesco had rung to say the store had had a power outage and there may be a problem with my order (the birthday cake no less) and so it went on.

Curry's rang back again to say they should be able to get the printer in if I can wait until June and by this time I'd decided not to take any chances so I rang Tesco to see if my cake was actually there - it was.

I was so stressed and then had to decorate the cake today and find somewhere cool to keep it where the dogs can't get to it!

Spoke to Apple to sort out the problem with the font and no sooner had we finished than it happened again, in fact, half of my fonts are typing in hieroglyphics. Still the Mac got a good spring clean and at least they reckon it isn't a fault or corruption it is more to do with the software I'm using. It's the old version of Pages and I haven't updated to Sierra yet so it could be a conflict between the two. I'll finish printing off the banners and then have a play around.

So that's what I've been up to all in one afternoon basically. I often feel like I'm living Victor Meldrew's life.

View Gallery

Susie what a day you had but at least at the end I saw the smiley face
    and you where so organised too

View Gallery

Well that kept you on your toes ! How stressful, as Denise says glad you can still smile at the end of it all
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, I always think it's laugh or cry and I do tend to laugh in these situations. Trouble is, I'm too nice for my own good, so when people make mistakes I tend not to give them a hard time. Then again, the day isn't over and I had to ring Curry's to find out if the laptop has arrived in and they didn't know. Just been told it has, yaaaay! Of course, I haven't seen it yet so let's hope they've sent the correct one!

As you say Alison, it's the stress and normally I would ring my sister and tell her but of course I can't because this is all about her birthday. She's just asked me where I'm going and I've told her Tesco's, which is half true, I'll call in on the way home. We are always each others first port of call for a moan or any news and yesterday I was fiddling about with the cake and when she asked me what I'd been doing it was hard not to say 'trying to make this cake look pretty'. Instead I just said' oh not much!'

Right, keep your fingers crossed that the laptop is the right one and then they have to redo all the paperwork too.

View Gallery

Oh what a tangled web we weave Susie well you know you got all of us to tell all to for now when's your sister birthday ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's next Wednesday and we've just had the afternoon from hell again. Got to the store to collect the laptop and had to wait 45 minutes just for someone to come and deal with us. Then it was guy who had placed the order in the first place who was very apologetic. We then spent another 45 minutes trying to sort it out only to be told the laptop wasn't in yet. I explained that I'd rung and been told it was definitely in but he checked and told me it definitely wasn't. Fortunately, the lady I spoke to on the phone was there and she said it was in. Finally, got the laptop but the store in Bromborough who have the printer in (having been told no stores had them in) wouldn't save a printer for me. Now they've had to cancel the printer and we have to go over and collect it from the other store. Absolutely ridiculous.

Came away without the McAfee so have to go back for that, they forgot to give it to us and to be honest after being told the laptop wasn't there I forgot all about it, I could have put my head down and wept by this time. The printer is reserved in the other store but they'll only keep it for 24 hours, can you believe that.

I came out of the store and had to go to Boots and I had this pile of documents in my hand still. When I was paying I must have put the documents down on the white counter and moved round the other side to pay. Probably wouldn't have noticed the documents being white on the white counter anyway but I walked out of the store without them. On the way home I realised I didn't have them in my hand so we raced back to Boots (no-one was answering the phone despite the store being empty) and the girl had actually picked up the documents, put them back in the basket and put the basket in the pile by the door!. Now, is it me or wouldn't you think if she looked at them you would see they were important warranties and receipts with personal information on and put them away somewhere safe, knowing that I would be back for them the moment I realised they were missing, and if you thought they were rubbish put them in a bin, but why put them in a basket and stick it back by the door where anyone could have picked them up? To me, it just defies belief.

Now we have to go back to get the McAfee and the other store have confirmed that they have a printer but have quoted me £40 more than the price agreed. So, the saga is ongoing. Even I couldn't laugh my way out of this.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Oh wow Susie, what a disgraceful mess up.
    I would have been tearing my hair out!!
    Well done you for keeping your cool.
    Ellie

View Gallery

What an ordeal Susie
    Yes it's disgusting it's not you
    I think the store owes you a huge apology