Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Lovely card Elaine. The colours are perfect.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Pretty card Elaine sounds like a fun hen do

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Here's the first lot of cards from my one sheet wonder, will finish off the rest tonight...

IMG_5575.JPG

I have actually used a sheet of cardstock too
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Wow, I like those Alison.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh I love those cards Alison. They are so clean and fresh and each one is quite different, very clever. I will definitely have to do this when I've finished making the extremely cruel birthday banners for my sister's birthday.

View Gallery

Thanks, they are so easy. I will finish adding greetings to the last few tonight.
    Why are the birthday banners so cruel ?
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Striking cards Alison less is more sometimes they really stand out
    Hope we can peep at the birthday banner when it ready Susie
    I have a card to make for my goddaughters DD 1st birthday her name is Daisy I still have the one you made hello Daisy Alison so have that in mind for starters thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Because Alison, it wouldn't be funny otherwise! Actually they are just funny photo's and I've written captions so I've made it about her career so one is when she (supposedly) became a peace activist and it was a photo from a party dress, I'll post it below. The caption will read something about her time spent at Greenham Common but how the weather played havoc with her hair and the chains tended to chafe so she decided this was not the career choice for her. Probably sounds stupid but when it is all laid out and there will be 6 pages with two photo's to each page it will be funny. It takes her from a toddler in a tin bath (aiming to be an Olympic Gold Medallist of course) up to date.

img1072.jpg

View Gallery

Ah, I see, what a great idea. I'm sure if she's like you she'll love it
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes Alison, we have the same twisted sense of humour. It isn't actually cruel, they are just funny photo's or ones that I can make funny with a good caption. I will end it with a lovely photo and say something really nice just so she forgives me for the rest of it.

To be honest, it is just like making cards for the family, they expect it and on special birthdays they know something that you can't buy in the shops will turn up and not knowing what to expect is half the fun.

Of course, when it was my 60th they had very few photo's because I have all the family photo's and hubby doesn't know how to use the computer and didn't know where all the actual photo's were kept. Fortunately, some of them were still at mum and dad's so they managed to scrape a few together.

But when it was hubby's 65th and our friend next door was 80 I bought great big cork boards and printed copies of photo's from childhood right through to current day. Our neighbour didn't know they were having a joint birthday party because their birthdays are days apart, so it was a nice surprise for him. Even had one of my neighbour at a party dressed as a woman with a strappy dress and with his hairy chest it was quite a sight. He still has the boards up in his living room 5 years on. They're also a great way of getting people who don't know each other at parties to get chatting and laughing together. Just as well I knew where our friend next door kept all his photo's though.

Only thing is, it's a lot of work.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Sounds great Susie! I bet everyone appreciates them. I did something similar for my Mums 80th. I made her an album and then my sister and I made a huge pin board representing every aspect of her life. She was so thrilled with it and (when she was still driving) she drove around all of her friends and took it with her to show all her cousins etc.
    Thanks for the kind comments on my LOs too. Yes, Susie, the circle on the Hen Do layout is a circle of pearls.. Took ages but I used up some very pale green flat backs that I've had for years! Lol
    I absolutely love your one sheet wonder cards Alison. So pleased it prompted you to do some too.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I love the idea of your mum driving round with her pin board to show her friends and family, that's when you know how much the work is appreciated. I haven't done an album for my sister, she got one when she was 50 all 50 pages of it, I hope she isn't expecting another! Oh boy, is she going to be disappointed.

View Gallery

I'm doing an album for DH's 60th this year, will have to try and make a pinboard for his party too
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Here's all 12 cards I made. I have a little left from the sheet which I'm saving just in case I make some kind of folder to use it as a gift.
    I'm going to make some Christmas cards with same formula, don't think they'll be green though. I've also made a cut sheet for square cards, will test it and see if it works

IMG_5582.JPG

And here's the plan I worked from...
    IMG_0645.PNG

Link to it is here
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

They are just fantastic Alison, the plan looks complicated, is it?

Yes do the pin board, he will love it, especially if you can use photo's with the guests who are there on them as well. People do love to see themselves included on the board and it is such a laugh when you look back over the years and see what you got up to and what you wore. My sister never was a hippy by the way.

I had a horrible moment today; I went to print one of the pages of the big banner, it's now titled 'A Brief History Of Julie', I hope Stephen Hawking will forgive me. I printed one of the pages and all the full stops had become a foreign language and every time I tried to change them it made it worse. When I opened it in Preview the words all jumbled up, it was a nightmare. I was only taking one sheet to see where it could go in my niece's house, so that people would be close enough to read it. Anyway, came home tonight and lo and behold it is all back to normal again.

Now, every time we have a death in the family or we lose someone close, the computer goes up the wall and yes we have just lost a good friend, so I reckon they have been messing with my computer. I actually had a chat with them on my way out and told them to stop fooling around with it and when I got back it was fine, so wherever they are I like to think they are listening. Honestly, it happens without fail when someone we love dies, the computer does really weird things and then after a while its just as if nothing had happened. Spooky or what!