Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Exclamation The 2017 Pantone card challenge - May

Hi all!

Apologies again for being late sharing this month's prompt! But, I'm hoping once you see the colour for May you'll be happy.

Here's a reminder of the Pantone Spring colours for 2017 that we are using for this challenge:

Pantone Spring 2017.jpg

As always additional hints and tips are included in my monthly blog post - here's the one for May.

The full instructions and details for this year's challenge can be found here in the January post.

And past prompts will be listed under the tag 2017 Pantone card challenge on my blog.

Also for those of you on Instagram, I'll be using the hashtag #2017pantonecardchallenge to share my projects there, so feel free to use this tag on Instagram as well!

So on with this month's Pantone colours...

Pale Dogwood - aka blush pink!

05 - Pale Dogwood.jpg

I look forward to seeing what you make.

Happy crafting!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Ooh lovely, I was hoping it would be a pink shade, I have several girly cards to make
    Thanks Nat
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    What a pretty pink, I love pink! Thanks Nat.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm making a pink card for my sister's birthday, obviously it is not going to match the blush pink but, does anyone have any great ways of sticking acetate to glitter card. I can stick it to other card using a tape runner and it conceals it very well, even conceals it on the glitter card but it won't stay stuck. I've tried a few other glues this evening but they don't to stick or they show through. Can't put a ribbon on either. May have to re-think this completely.

Anyway, I have lots of different glues so if anyone can think of something please let me know quickly, it has to be finished to give her on Wednesday!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Susie I remember years ago i bought some glue dots that where for vellum /acetate they didn't show through
    I can't remember the make and don't know if still on market but they came in a box and on a roll
    I sometimes find glitter card a problem to stick

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I would use my Pinflair and cover it with an embellishment.
    It's a gorgeous Pink.,so now I have to use it! It's DILs birthday next week so I need to make a card..at least now I know what colour it will be so that's a step forward.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Glitter card is always a problem. I usually scrape away the glitter from the area I want to stick over to reveal the card underneath however if your acetate is clear that's not going to work. Have you tried silicone glue? Unsightly I know but Elaine's suggestion of an embellishment to conceal what's underneath is a good one.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for all the ideas. Normally, I would scrape the glitter away but it needs the glitter to make it really sparkle through. I'll take a photo and you'll see what I mean. Last night, I covered all under the flowers with Collall photo glue and put books on top of it and so far so good. I would use a butterfly or flower on top and hide the glue under that but I've printed everything on to the acetate, so there is no room for an extra embellishment. I should have thought this through better.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Okay here's her card, very simple and it's pink - not blush but it's a start. I've used the flower frame on the insert to write her sentiment. So far the flowers seem to have hidden the glue, now if only it can stay stuck down.

P1030459.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Thats weird i posted but its not here will try again
    Lovely Susie pretty enjoy your sisters celebrations tomorrow
    I made a start knowing what colour little daisy's card was to be now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    That's gorgeous Susie. I couldn't see the glitter on my ipad but it shows beautifully on my computer monitor.
    Last edited by scrapmate uk; 02-05-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    That card is beautiful Susie, hope it sticks
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for your kind comments, it has another box on top of it now. I'll tell her to lie it flat and put something heavy on it each night it is still up. We will laugh but it is nerve wracking, you just want everything to go perfectly for her big 60.

She rang before to say Boots had sent her the offers you get when you're 60, she's over the moon - it doesn't take much to make us happy does it!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    What a stunning card!
    I'm curious what do you get offers on when you're 60.. Please don't tell me it's Tena Lady!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So funny but I love Tena Lady! If you don't need them yet you will eventually.

First of all it is 10 points per £ which I think is mainly on their own products, especially health and No.7 and they have started special treat days for us elderly ones. A little glass of something sparkly and offers that aren't for the other shoppers. I always get free eye tests no matter how many times I have to go in one year and special offers on glasses and lenses, oh all sorts of things. Every little helps and the points really do add up.

Oh thank you Elaine, I almost forgot to thank you for the comment regarding the card because I was laughing that much at the Tena Lady comment.