Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Exclamation The 2017 Pantone card challenge - April

Hello everyone!

April 1st has arrived and with it a new colour for us to craft with.

Here's a reminder of the Pantone Spring colours for 2017 that we are using for this challenge:

Pantone Spring 2017.jpg

As always additional hints and tips are included in my monthly blog post - here's the one for April.

The full instructions and details for this year's challenge can be found here in the January post.

And past prompts will be listed under the tag 2017 Pantone card challenge on my blog.

Also for those of you on Instagram, I'll be using the hashtag #2017pantonecardchallenge to share my projects there, so feel free to use this tag on Instagram as well!

So on with this month's Pantone colours...

Greenery

04 - Greenery.jpg

And...

Kale

04 - Kale.jpg

These green tones provide lots of scope for including foliage on your cards or focussing on a spring theme! Or you can go with recent trends like tropical looks with palms and ferns or succulents.

I look forward to seeing what you make.

Happy crafting!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh well thanks for that Nat, I jumped the gun and was printing out blue card stock last night because it was next on the colour chart! That'll teach me!

Actually, I'm happy with green, I love it and especially with turquoise and pink but those pictures above are stunning so it should give plenty of inspiration.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Thank you love green my fav colour I dont use it much on cards though come to think now the time to start

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've just been printing off some green card stock, now I just have to decide what to do with it!

I'm like you Denise, I love green, it makes you think of Spring and everything bright and new and fresh, I'd like to reflect that in a card but we'll have to see. What I want to make and what I actually come up with can be two very different things.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've made a quick and simple card, just need to take that all important photo in daylight.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    What a beautiful mood board! Look forward to having a go when I'm better.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh what's wrong Elaine? You keep having problems don't you, have you not got to the bottom of what is going on or is it stress do you think with your mum and the house move. Stress really takes its toll on the immune system. Hope you feel better soon.x

Here is my quick and simple card, not sure I'll send it to anyone, I made it more to fit the prompt! In fact, this is a first for me, first to post a card and probably the first time I haven't cheated!

P1030233.jpg

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I love the card Susie well done all those 1st
    The shade of green with the white looks so crisp and fresh and the crystal finishes off the butterflies on my shopping list bling
    Sure I told you before my friend and I went to a show there was a bulk but we shared and each chose a bit she looked upset when I said the bling she chose was cheapy looking as some is I feltso bad after I said that

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh never mind Denise, she's probably not even thought about it since. We all say and do things we regret. I recently apologised to someone for something I did that I couldn't have avoided anyway, turns out they had never even noticed. It was the morning after our wedding and we'd stayed in the hotel,some friends from Yorkshire had come for the evening reception and the next morning we went out shopping for a gift for someone who had helped a lot with our wedding. The friends asked at reception for us because they wanted to see us before they left, so we didn't get to see them. I felt bad about that for 20+ years and recently met up with them after all that time and apologised. She said she hadn't even thought about it. So sometimes we make things seem bigger in our mind than they are to someone else. If you feel bad, buy her a few sheets of nice bling, problem solved.

Thanks for the comment on the card, I do think a touch of bling can really lift a card at times.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Lovely card Susie, I'm sure you'll use it for some lucky person. As Denise says the green and white is so fresh looking.
    I think we all worry too much about what other people think, and whether we've upset them, they're usually fine
    I didn't use to like bling, now I do like a little touch, it just seems to finish things off nicely
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Alison and you're right, it can be too much sometimes so you need to get it just right. Having said that, it is all personal preference really isn't it. What might be too much for one is not enough for someone else. For me, I do like my butterflies to have either a pearl or rhinestone, but that's just me.

View Gallery

I like little bits of bling..but I'm more of a pearl type of girl.
    Oh what's wrong Elaine
    Oh dear... I didn't know I hadn't bored you all with it! I woke up on the 17th of March with an excruciating back spasm. Three days before we were due to move! Two days later I was so bad I ended up at A &E.. Had 2 doses of morphine and sent home with diazepam. I can do absolutely nothing. On the day of moving I literally let them pack the armchair I was propped up in two minutes before the Lorry moved out. After a painful drive here I have rarely left the sofa since.,except to go to the Drs or osteopaths. I am now on 8-10 cocodomol a day plus Naproxen and Omeprazole.. I rattle when I walk..which isn't a lot as I can't. I have no use of my left arm as it seems I have a trapped nerve at the base of my neck and two seized vertebraes further down too I can't drive..and I'm bored. We only got TV switched on yesterday after three weeks and I only have Internet. I can't come on it for long though as it hurts my neck. Most of the time I watch the birds in the garden as reading is the same. My Osteo said 'you've really done a number on it' and I can tell you I really have. It's incredibly painful..but it's not life threatening so I should be grateful.
    Sorry to go on so..but you did ask! Lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Oh Elaine, back pain can be sooo bad, I sympathise with you. Maybe it was the preparation for the move that triggered it? Anyway hope it eases soon and you can move around a bit more.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good grief Elaine, that is so bad and I'm speaking as someone who really suffers when their back goes. How did you manage to damage so many different places? Were you lifting stuff and bending at the same time, sounds like some twisting going on as well and I don't mean the dance kind. Have you ever done anything like this before because I know with back injuries, once injured there often tends to be a weakness that makes it go in the same place again?

I know when mine goes,and touch wood it hasn't happened for a while, it is the glutes going into a huge spasm, they push the pelvis over and closes what should be a gap between the pelvis and the spine. As soon as my feet hit the floor I am passed out on the floor with the pain. I have to lie completely flat and can't even twitch a toe. Then the big guns come out, painkillers and diazepam, even then once they've kicked in the only way I can go to the loo is if hubby uses his body as a hoist to lift me in a straight position off the bed and then quickly (between screams) support my body weight by the elbows from behind so my feet barely brush the floor. It is horrendous and I don't think he could do it now.

I really feel for you, people think they've got back pain, but there is back pain and then there is back pain and I've no doubt there are people who suffer even more than I do when mine goes.

I think even worse is the fact that you want to get up and do things but you simply can't, it is so frustrating. Take care of yourself and please don't do anything that is going to set back your progress. In other words, behave!

View Gallery

I have no choice but to behave! Lol
    As you say..(and I was one of them), some people think they have back pain..until they do and then they know the difference! DH has suffered with back problems for years and I had no conception what he went through. Now I do!
    He is being a rock for all the work he's doing, unpacking boxes, decorating, cleaning etc but it doesn't leave much time for me..and I feel a bit starved of attention..but I daren't complain! He's going back to work tomorrow after 20 days off..I'm dreading it as I can't get out or do anything. It'll be a long day. DS2 is coming over on Friday as he is going to have to look after GD for me as I can't and DS1 has run out of stand in babysitters after three Friday's off for me.
    I overdid it cleaning and filling boxes in readiness for the move. Nothing worse than self inflicted pain!
    Your back sounds awful Susie..but at least I understand now.